Chapter Four: What Did You Call Me?

In the morning, Theo woke up early and noticed that Liam was still asleep.

“H-Hey, Dunbar, wake up.” Theo whispered, shaking Liam awake.

The beta’s eyes opened quickly and he freaked out for a moment before remembering where he was.

“O-Oh… Hi, Theo…”

“You need to get up so we can head back.”

“O-Okay…” the younger boy mumbled, standing up from the turquoise couch.

They both got up and soon left the small house.

As they were walking through the trees, Liam remembered what had happened as Theo fell asleep the night before.

“Hey, Th-Theo? Do you remember what you said last night?” he asked, becoming more anxious by the second.

“What do you mean?”

“As you were falling asleep, you said goodnight… What did you call me?”

“I probably called you Liam, why?”

“Well, you usually call me Dunbar…”

“But you said you wanted to be called Liam…” Theo mumbled in a very confused manner.

“Y-You payed attention to that?” the younger of the two asked.

“Of course.” Theo said softly. “Why wouldn't I?”

“I don't know. I just didn't expect you to listen to me.” Liam responded.

“I listened because I'm really trying to change for the better, Liam. I've been trying to get people to see that but sometimes it's just easier to let them think you're the bad guy.”

“Why would you need to change? Your life could be great. It's probably only to get into the pack, isn't it?” Liam asked.

“No! I just want to change so I don't have to be the bad guy anymore. That's not who I want to be. Listen to my heartbeat, I'm not lying and I swear I'm not steadying it.” Theo said, trying to convince the Beta.

“Okay, I'll believe you.”

“What?”

“I said I'll believe you. I think, by saving me on multiple occasions, you deserve a second chance. Just don't waste it.”

“I won't. Thank you, Liam.”