Officer Rylan

Leah's POV

Officer Rylan is very nice.

He patiently leads me towards the big white car they call an ambulance. I look down at our intertwined fingers and smile. I am sure he is only touching me because he is very nice and wants to help me walk, but Master never held my hand.

It makes me sad remembering how Master had hurt me, dragging me around and such. It hurt even more though to realize that he had abandoned me... he didn't get very far, but I have the feeling that he had the intentions to never see me again.

I knew he had been angry at me, but I thought he had loved me.

Officer Rylan said it wasn't my fault that the other men were angry at Master. I don't really understand it. I don't know why Master is being put in cuffs or yelled at. I can't fathom anyone ever telling Master what to do.

I keep hearing people whisper about being underaged and it sounds like it is a bad thing. Master had said the same thing as much as the whole thing is confusion, it somehow makes sense. At least the part about having me being a bad thing makes sense. It explains why Master never let me out of the house or go anywhere.

Officer Rylan squeezes my hand and I look up at him in question, smiling a little before remembering I'm not supposed to look dominants in the eye. After that, I keep my head bowed, so he doesn't think I'm being disrespectful. He seems nice, I wouldn't want him to think I'm trying to disrespect him.

I discreetly limp beside Officer Rylan, trying to not show how painful it is to walk around on my cut up feet. It hurts so badly to walk.

Good girls don't complain though.

When we walk around to the back of the ambulance, the doors are open and the lady who introduced herself as Carrie, is sitting on the ledge. She smiles at me softly—people seem to be doing that a lot tonight.

Officer Rylan places his hand on my back and lightly pushes me towards the ledge too. I sit far away from the lady. My bottom aches, but I am thankful they are letting me sit because it hurts less than walking.

When I see the lady isn't paying attention to me, I look around at the gadgets in the car. Several tubes and scary looking needles line the wall making me shiver. It looks like a mini mad scientist lab with all the weird tools and machines inside.

"It looks pretty cool in here, huh?" I turn around quickly, backing myself into the car walls as I examine the unfamiliar man.

"It's okay, Leah. This is my friend, Troy," Officer Rylan says to me. I look at him and then Troy. They wear the same uniform with all the scary things on their belts. Officer Rylan must see my unease because immediately he excuses himself from the conversation he was in. "He's not going to hurt you, Leah."

Officer Rylan sits next to me before pulling me in his lap. I don't want to sit on his lap, not only does my back still sting from last night's punishment, but I also don't want to be by the things he is wearing. I don't say a word though, letting him do as he pleases.

"Oh come on, Leah," Officer Rylan pouts, moving the hair from my face when he sees my frown.

"You know what? Here." Officer Troy says, undoing his belt. The jangling of his belt buckle sets me off. I no longer care about punishment.

"Nooo!" I push back into Officer Rylan with all my force, trying to get away from his friend.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!" Carrie tries to defuse the situation. "Shhh. He's not going to hurt you or anything, Hon." I growl at her to stay away. I don't know these people and I no longer want them around me. I just want them to leave me alone.