#20

Once you cut the flowers, your feelings for the person never come back. It's common knowledge so 98% of people who are about to take their surgeries confess to the person they love in hopes of the person liking them back.

67% of that population still gets their surgeries anyways.

***

Yamaguchi lied motionless on the hospital bed watching the clock. It was five fifteen and Tsukishima was nowhere to be found. It was just him and Yachi in the room.

"Don't worry Tadashi, I'm sure he'll come," Yachi reassured. Yamaguchi gave a slight nod in acknowledgement and returned his gaze to the clock. It's now five-twenty.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Tsukishima said while walking into the hospital room. "Yamaguchi?" he sounds breathless, maybe even scared, but when Yamaguchi turns his eyes towards his, he can see the excitement, relief and gratitude in them. It makes him feel sick.

"Tsukki! I didn't think you were coming," Yamaguchi says weakly. "We don't have much time, so I want to ask you something."

"Sure."

"Did you really love me at one point?"

"Yes."

"How long did it last?"

"Five months."

"Are you okay?"

"As fine as I can be," Tsukishima chokes out.

At that, Yamaguchi looks down at his hands. "I'm sorry, this must seem unfair to you-"

"It is. It really is," the dam breaks and silent tears are running freely down Kei's face and he raises his arms, wiping them away fruitlessly as sobs become louder.

"Tsukki, I love you. And we must have the worst luck ever if this is how it goes, but at least I know you loved me and it makes me happy," he says.

"I wish I confessed," Kei whispers.

Yamaguchi sighs. "I do too but we'll have to leave that in the past."

Yamaguchi looked at the clock that read five-twenty five and smiled.

"Hey, Tsukki? I have a request - actually two," Yamaguchi's pale freckled cheeks are flushed with pink and his hands are playing with the hem of the hospital gown.

"What is it, Yamaguchi?"

"Call me Tadashi. Just for today, please?"

"Of course Tadashi. What else?"

Yamaguchi bends his head towards his lap and bites his bottom lip and Tsukishima knows he's extremely anxious at this picture my. "Could you tell me you love me? I know it won't mean anything but I want to hear you say it."

Tsukishima looks down and smiles. He looks back at the days when they were small and they would have sleepovers at his house. And how they'd have to share his bed that quickly became too small for the both of them. He remembers how mean he was to Yamaguchi and how he didn't deserve it. He thought about how Yamaguchi spent his whole life never feeling loved once by anyone. Then Tsukishima smiles a big bright smile. That's when he realizes that it's not hard to love Yamaguchi Tadashi and that Yamaguchi hasn't gone whole life without being loved, he loved him and he'd continue to.

"I love you, Tadashi. I love you."

End

An: I really didn't want to end this so soon but I knew if I kept writing this story I'd eventually get bored of it, I hope the ending was okay. But thank you to all the people that voted commented and read this story I cannot describe how happy it made me feel to know that you enjoyed this story. I'm not sure what to write next but I'll probably finish my bokuaka fic next but if you have any ideas please let me now. It's like five in the morning and I should probably sleep cuz I have to get up in three hours and now I'm just rambling.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!