09;

i remember,

tenth grade peaked around the corner.

we were both famous members of the drama club.

a new girl moved to our school.

and we got through the year, best friends, as usual. then right before finals, the teacher announced a play, a classic.

cinderella.

how i dreamed of being cinderella but my self-esteem was so low, i barely finished writing my name on the sign up piece of paper in the hall before the new girl approached me, the shaking got worse but i put on a brave smile.

i was tired, there were three finals that day too.

she asked to sign up.

"welcome to the drama club! we welcome new members, i'm sure you can find a role fitting enough.", i smiled as i put my hand on her shoulder, she smiled back but i noticed that her lips twitched.

she wrote her name right beneath mine.

kim kyungsoo.

"nice name.", i smiled and she nodded before heading off. i shrugged her quietness off. maybe she was shy.

the next day, a post went viral on sns, you ran up to me at the gate and caught your breath. you furrowed your eyebrows and pursed your lips before handing your phone to me.

'pcy, the fake queen-bee.

thinking she's at the top of everyone.

'i talked to her yesterday. she pushed me and called me names as i signed up for the play.'

who does she think she is?

she's feeding off of jungkook-oppa's popularity. the only reason she's friends with him is because he's rich and handsome.

she doesn't deserve him.

i hate her so much and you should too.'

there was an image attachment with a caption 'she pushed me'.

'kyungsoo?', my mind processed it.

it was a picture taken yesterday, our heads were cut off, only showing my hand on her shoulder.

there were some nice comments defending me.

some, not so much.

through all the comments on my side, i could only focus on the bad ones.

'never liked her anyways.'

'what a bitch!'

'slut.'

'she is disgusting!'

i could only smile.

how bittersweet.