Humdinger Of a House, Geneva, Switzerland (Half Wild)

'I'd be cool with a place like this.'

I look over at Gabriel, he's admiring the humdinger. We're lying on the green lawn, the lake behind us and the potent, modern mansion in our sight. It's a bit too much for me, but it's not the worst of houses I've stayed at. In fact, it's the finest -and probably the most expensive house I've ever been in.

I reply, 'it's a bit over-dramatic don't you think?' 

Gabriel laugh and then shrug, 'I guess, but that's kinda why I like it,' he turn his head towards me, smirking, 'it reminds me of you.'

 I swear at him, yet he just smiles at me the whole time. I look at the mansion; the huge windows, the robust walls, the metallic colours.

'Am I really that dramatic?'

'No. You're probably more like the eiffel tower.'

'Thanks.' I say annoyed, though I'm not really annoyed. I give him a smirk and say, 'It's at least big and strong unlike the coffee shop beside that you're like.'

Gabriel laughs but I think about something else.

I'm like the eiffel tower because everybody knows about it as everybody knows about me.

I don't think that's a good thing. OK, take away the building comparison and I am the witch people in the witch society knows about. Not because of anything I've done, just because of my parents and that I'm a half code. And they hate me for who I am.

I would rather be a coffeeshop like Gabriel.

'You've gone quiet again,' Gabriel say and I wonder if he's ever been feared or hated by anyone. Of course he hasn't.

'I don't want to be the eiffel tower, Gabriel.'

'Um... You're not the eiffel... it was a joke, Nathan.' He seemed confused, yet I think he understood what I meant.

'I know! But it's not just big and strong, it's also pretty fucking known about. It's true that everyone in the witch society -and probably people outside it too- knows who I am because of who my father is. And I don't really think he's known for his humanitarian work in Africa. No, people hate me for what I am and what Marcus is and what he's done, Gabriel.'

After a moment I quietly add, 'I hate it.'

Gabriel looks at me now, worry in his eyes. He says, 'fuck what people think of you. You're not Marcus and you haven't done what he's done. You know that and that's all that matters; fuck the rest.'

And I know he's right. Gabriel's always right.

We lay in the grass, silent, breathing in the sweet summer air. The sun is high, the sky is blue and it's really hot. I'm sweating and I haven't even been running much. I get up, take of my shirt and head for the lake. Gabriel follows and we swim together.