Chapter V : Held Hostage

{ Illusion's P.O.V }

Gary and I both were startled by the loud scream. "What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know, but let's check it out!" I said.

"Are you crazy? We could be killed!" he said.

"Don't worry about it, I'm one of the chosen heroes of humanity!" I said assuringly.

"The chosen heroes...? I see then... you're the hero who has the powers of the Underworld..." Gary said.

"Yep! See, you got nothing you worry about, I'll protect you! Come on!" I said with enthusiasm.

"How are you so excited about this? We just recently heard a human scream." he said as he begun to take flight.

"Well, I'll finally prove to myself, that I'm actually a hero." I said.

Gary flew off where the sound was and I teleported to where he was. It was horrendous. There was a puddle of blood near a dead corpse, with a young human lady with a mask covering half her face, with bandages, spikes, and other metal substances attached to her.

Then, we saw a wolf eating the dead corpse.

I failed. Failed to save a human.

Maybe I can't prove myself to be a hero. Ever.

But how? She's only a human, why would humans kill their own kind?

My kind is very ruthless, but... the tendancy to kill each other? It doesn't make sense.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted.

The young lady turned her head towards me. "What's your business here?" she hissed.

"To save humanity." I said.

"Ahahaha, to save humanity? That's impossible. There's nothing to satisfy us. Society always wants more, we are always filled with greed. And that greediness pushes humans to do things beyond measures. Even if you had all the money in the world, you would still want more. There's so much abuse in this world that people kill people to satisfy themselves or their needs. People kill for their needs and for personal reasons. But my reason is different in why I kill, I'm going to eliminate every single piece of garbage that litter this world." she said.

I looked at her. "I see then, then I'll have to stop you!" I said.

Wait.

I'm sure this is the killer that's killing other criminals, which means Myth was right. Then, I can't defeat her on my own.

All I know is that she's a human, and I can't kill a human. So, I'll need my friends to hold her down.

"I summon the heroes who control the powers of the sea and sky!" I said.

Then, Griffonia and Myth appeared beside me. "You better have a good explaination for this Illusion!" Myth said.

"Your explanation is over there!" I said as I pointed to the murderer who had a puddle of human blood beside her.

"The killer?" Griffonia questioned.

"Wow, someone that's not a killer would definitely have a dead body next to them. Yeah! That's the killer!" I said.

"Let's go and take her down then." Griffonia said.

"First of all, think about you actions." the killer said as she planted her glove with blades against Gary's throat.

"What did I even get myself into?" he said as he rolled his eyes.

"One move and I'll cut his throat off." she said.

"Why are you doing this?" Griffonia asked.

"I have my reasons. I was a normal young girl before, now I'm ruined. Ruined by a surgeon who took away my life. Now, I'm Bladia, a ruined human being that's going to wipe the world clean from criminals. To be honest, wiping out the filth of the world is virtually impossible. There's always going to be hate and greed in this world. But at least I'll take out the majority." Bladia explained.

"Then what happens if you die then?" Myth questioned.

"I can't die, I'm practically immortal. And this is how I'll live my life." she said.

A human that's immortal? That's impossible.

"Can you guys help me?" Gary asked.

"We will Gary." I said.

"If you want your 'friend' unharmed, don't get in my way ever." Bladia said.

"Alright then, we won't." I lied.

"Here then." she said as he pushed Gary towards us.

Then Bladia fled away from us along with her wolf.

"We'll need a plan to stop her." Griffonia said.

"Yeah, and we'll need to protect Gary from her." I said.

"Fine, I trust you with my life since you guys are the heroes of humanity." he said.

"Also, what should refer you guys as? The chosen heroes of humanity?" he added.

"No, you'll refer us as our names. I'm Griffonia, Illusion is the one who you met, and Myth is next to me." Griffonia said.

"I see then." he said.

"Moving onto the plan." Griffonia said.