The new job

Tyler opened the car door and grabbed his bag for his new job at the mall.
He locked his door and walked into the crowded mall. Kids were running around their annoyed parents. Teenagers laughed at everything. And janitors giving people dirty looks for missing the trashcan.

A short man walked over to Tyler and held his small hand out. "You must be One of our newest co-workers!" He said with a loud voice. Tyler nodded his head. He didnt like talking to people but he wad forced to getting a job because he needed to pay his late bills. The short man led Tyler to an area next to some restaurants. He was working at a restaurant called The Thurman Cafe. There was dollar bills hung up on the walls. The short man walked him through the kitchen and tapped on a tall guys shoulder with curly red hair. The red haired guy turned around from the oven and smiled.
"

You need to teach this un' how to cook" the short man said cracking a fake smile. The red haired guy looked up and down Tyler's cloths. And looked back at the short man. "Yes sir.." He said nodding his head.
The short manager left them both alone to get started working.
The red haired guy patted Tyler's shoulder and laughed. "My name is Josh. What's yours?" He smiled. Tyler didn't like talking but he said his name anyway, "Tyler" he said his voice low.
Josh looked at Tyler's clothes and wrinkled his nose. Is something wrong with my clothes? Tyler thought.
"Here.. Put on this uniform.." Josh handed Tyler a uniform with 'kiss the cook' on it. Tyler walked to the bathrooms and changed. He walked back into the kitchen and looked in the mirror. Josh laughed a little under his breath and smiled. Tyler just frowned and walked over to Josh to learn to cook better.
Josh took a pan and some oils and sprayed the oils on the pan. Josh did it super quickly that Tyler couldn't really concentrate. Josh handed Tyler a pan to do what he just did. Tyler just stood there speechless. "Uh... You kinda... Sorta... Did it too fast.." Tyler said his voice cracking.
Josh smiled and did it slower. "Think you can try it out now?" Josh asked his voice soft. Tyler tried it and he was a little messy at just cooking a freshly made Veggie Burger. Josh laughed a little and patted Tyler's back.
"What do you know how to make?" Josh asked. Tyler thought about the mint chocolate cake he made as a preteen. He still remembered how to make it. "Mint chocolate cake" he said feeling embarrassed. Josh looked at him simpitheticly. "Try to make that then.." Josh smiled.
Tyler opened the fridge and collected the ingredients. He started baking and he was very messy at it. Flour was everywhere and chocolate. Josh just watched in amusment. Tyler stepped away from his work.
I screwed up... Tyler looked at it and it looked like a blob of chocolate. Tyler facepalmed. "I always screw something up.." Tyler said in his low tone. Josh walked over with a fork and tried it out. Josh looked up with wide eyes.
"This is Absolutely fantastic!" Josh took the fork and started to eat more of it. Tyler stood there awkwardly.
Josh turned around and hugged Tyler. "Good job! I think you should make the deserts if that's fine with you?" Josh said smiling wide. Tyler nodded.
That's a pretty nice idea.. I guess.. Tyler smiled a little at Josh. Josh looked at him for a few awkward minutes. Tyler felt his hands get clammy.
Josh blinked and shook his head. "Sorry.. I was just... Thinking.." Josh rubbed his head.
The manager walked in with a clipboard. "Its time to open you all" he said.
Josh quickly got to his spot of the kitchen and signaled Tyler to go to the desert part of the kitchen.
Tyler started making the mint chocolate cakes again and someone next to him was making a Pecan pie.
It smelled so good in the kitchen.
He made so much cakes his hands hurt.
He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Josh smiling at him. "You have chocolate all over your face.." Josh giggled.
Tyler felt exhausted from the rush. Josh patted his back and went to change out of his uniform.
Tyler changed after he did and went back home.