🌸

Hwall Pov

We walked through the entrance and I was amazed by how big it looked. "I broke everything up into 3 months. The first two are discovery recording and researching. The third is typing it all out and sending it in." I was amazed at his carful planning. It seemed as if not one day of his trip would be wasted. I followed him around as he closely looked and wrote things down. A dark plant intrigued me, so I walked over to observe it. "Don't get close. It spits." As if on cue, it "spat" out a clear liquid. "The liquid is poisonous and can slowly kill you. It attacks vital organs." "Why is something that dangerous here and not enclosed?" "It can't survive in an enclosed space. Thus that sign in front of it."

He explained more flowers and plants as we walked along. "It's like student and teacher." He laughed then shook his head. "You'd be a tough student to teach then. You're hardly paying attention." He wasn't wrong. I couldn't help but stare at him as he lights up like a star in the night sky when he talks about flowers. I took a few pictures as I couldn't help myself.

We walked out and dusk was starting to settle in. "I'll save the other half for next month." "Alright. I'll buy dinner as a thanks." "So kind." We had headed back to the same cafe and decided to order something new. "Wow, this is great. Try it." He held up his fork to me and I ate what was on it. "Oh wow." I wanted more, but I decided to stick to my own food. "I can see it on your face that you want more." "No, I-" He put some to the side for me and continued to eat. "Thank you." His smile made my heart skip beats. I guess I never did get over him.

We entered the hotel and I figured it was the same deal as yesterday. I stepped in and he did the same. "Floor?" "Yours." I pressed 3 then stood in silence. "So, why my floor?" Silence. "Kevin?" The elevator stopped, signaling that we had arrived. We both stepped out and walked to my room. "Is he planning to stay overnight...?" I didn't mind the idea, but I would want to know what the point was. "I'm not going to open this door until you tell me why." "Is it wrong for me to want to spend time with a friend? Do I really need a reason for that?" I couldn't deny that. I decided to let it go and opened the room door.

It was awkward. Neither of us were talking and neither of us wanted to make the first move. I decided to put my book down and take the first step. "How's the research...?" "Stressful." "Why so?" "It's not easy when trusted sites have different things. You know?" I nodded then watched as he went back to his phone. "Do you want some water...?" "Not at the moment, but thank you." I wanted to be able to do something for him, anything. "Do you mind if I stay the night?" "But your things are in your room aren't they?" "I don't need them now, so it's all good." I won't lie, I was pleased with tonight's outcome.

I pulled back the sheets then quietly got in the bed. Kevin was still writing and looking at his phone. It was already past midnight and I'm sure I've passed my limit for the day. "Turn off the lights when you're done..." He nodded in response then I rolled onto my side. As tired as I was starting to get, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go on social media and see what was up. After a while, the lights were turned off and I could hear shuffling about coming from where Kevin was. "I'm glad he's not staying up late..."