The Bookworm and the Swimmer

So,this is an AU in which Percy and Annabeth are mortals.

Percy's POV

"Mom! I have a swim meet later! You need something done?"I called out in the apartment

"Yes! Could you help me get some books? I have to get to work."she said walking into my room

"Sure. What do you need?"I asked

"Here's a list. Thank you sweetie! I'll see you later! Be safe!"she said before going out. I changed my shirt and grabbed a handful of my blue cookies before heading out.

-At the Book Store-

"Stupid books. Stupid library maze."I grumbled while walking all around the place in search for books. This is going to take forever!

"You know,books aren't stupid."a voice behind me says. I turned around to see a girl my age with honey blonde hair and the most piercing grey eyes I have even seen.

"Uhm. Sorry,it's just that,well-this place is like a labyrinth."I said as I felt my face heat up with embarassment

"Well,lucky for you I know my way around here. What kind of books do you need?"she asked. I handed her the list and she began walking off in another direction.

"Aha! Here it is!"she said as she threw a book in my arms "You know,you still haven't told me your name."

"Oh. My bad. I'm Percy Jackson."I said. She nodded then went off in another direction. We spent the last hour searching for books and starting up conversations to get to know each other a little better.

"Okay,so let me get this straight. You're obssesed with Finding Nemo and actually watched the movie for over a hundred times?"she said while stiffling a laugh

"Why are you laughing? It's an amazing movie!"I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Sure it is,Seaweed Brain!"she laughed

"Seaweed Brain? Where did you come up with that?"I asked while poking her sides

"Stop that! I'm tickish there. And you did say you love the ocean and you're obssesed with fish who are lost at sea. So,Seaweed Brain."she smirked

"Well then I'll call you Wise Girl! With you being so smart and wise and a big bookworm."I said

"Wise Girl? Thank for the compliment."

"Compliment?! It's supposed to be an insult!"I exclaimed

"Nope! It is definately a compliment."she said with a triumphtant smile

"Fine. Whatever."I grumbled before checking my watch "Whoops. I need to go to my swim meet now. But,call me okay?" I said before handing her my number

"Sure Seaweed Brain."

Third Person POV

Over the next few months,Percy has beed going back to the library to meet up with Annabeth. Saying that he has to get books but really,he just wants to see her.

"Hey Wise Girl? Could you help me with a book?"Percy asked her sweetly while using his cute baby seal face.

"You know very well I'm immune to that face. But sure,Seaweed Brain."she said. Percy grinned and handed her a list with only 1 item on it. "Oh. I know where this is!"

"Of course you do."he said following her.

"Why are looking for this book? This is my all time favorite!"she said. She found the book and handed it to Percy.

"Are there any pictures there? I get bored with words."he said giving a crooked grin.

"Yes Seaweed Brain,there are pictures in it. See?"she said opening it up. When she did that,a piece of paper fell out. She set down the book and picked up the piece of paper.

"What does it say?"Percy asked fully smiling now. Even though he was nervous like hell.

"What is this? 'Would you be my girlfriend?'."she said,face twisted up in confusion. She unfolded the bottom of the paper and saw my very messy writing '-Seaweed Brain'. Her eyes went wide as she snapped her head to look at Percy.

"Well?"he asked

"Well finally!"she said as she launched herself at him. He caught her and then leaned down to kiss her. It wasn't long or heated. It was just a sweet kiss with fireworks and electricity.

"What do you mean 'finally'?"he asked once they pulled away

"I've been waiting for you to ask me you impossibly oblivious idiot."she smiled

"Well,I'm your idiot now."Percy said as he leaned in for another kiss.

"And I wouldn't have it any other way."