1

Song of the chapter: Back to you by Selena Gomez
Bettys POV:
Me and Jughead we're sitting in our office working on our third novel titled "The Unsolved Murder Of Anne Chapman" we wrote the first book soon after we both attended online college because of our two kids Jackson and Chloe who are now 15 years old. We also had decided that we were ready for another kid 4 years ago and her name is Maya. "Jug, help me get past this writers block." I complain while spinning myself around in the spinny chair carelessly. "Do what we always do, search up two different cases, one that's been solved and one that hasn't, compare them and get inspiration from that." I sigh. I'm honestly just bored. "I don't want to do that, I'm bored... I'm calling it a night." I throw the pen that had previously been subconsciously chewed in for the past week on the writing desk. I get ready for bed and as soon as I plop myself down on my pillow I get a call. I reluctantly pick up the call and let out a tired yawn. "Hello?" My Little sisters voice comes over the phone but this time instead of her happy self she's crying. "B-Betty you have to c-come home... it's dad he's-he's dead." I sit up in a panic. "Y-yeah I'll be right there." I hang up and feel a single tear stream down my face but I quickly swipe it away. I'm not sure why I even shed a single tear on him, yes he's my father but he also shattered our family into a million pieces leaving us to pick them up. I walk back down the stairs to the basement where the writing room is located. "Juggie, it's my father...we need to go to Riverdale for awhile." And with that I turn back around and carry myself up the stairs only to be greeted by Jughead. "I'll get the kids, you go to sleep." He put his hands on my shoulder reassuringly  and flashed me a sweet smile. Before I knew it I was awake and Jughead had already packed everything for me and the kids. We put the luggage in the car and drove off, the car ride was silent until Chloe broke it. "I'm really sorry mom." I chuckled a little. "What's to be sorry about, he wasn't a good person and he never cared about me or my family."
"What exactly happened between you and your dad?" Jughead shot him a look, probably not wanting to bring  up any bad memories of mine. "My parents always fought and dad was truly a horrible man, he used to...hurt me and then he cheated on my mom with Auntie Cheryl's mom and and broke our family apart...that's when I became a...crap the serpents." I put my hands in my face. "I'm going to have to go back to them or resign or something." Even though I had given up the gang life and had gone soft I knew that I will always be a serpent at heart.

A/N ahhhhh first chapters out!!! I've been thinking about this book a lot and I'm super excited, I have so many plans for this book and I hope you guys like it. If you have any suggestions about what should happen let me know.
-Ali😘💕
Word count: 576