pt.seven/

pt.seven/

Twenty -three years ago/
Seoul/

"Oppa..." Kotoko ran up to her brother holding a container of chocolate chip cookies, "Open for me."

He sighed, taking his attention from the food he was making to help his sister open the container.

"If you weren't so impatient you'd just eat what I'm making right now. If you eat these cookies I won't let you-"

The cookie was half chewed when Kotoko realized what she'd done, "B-But I want-"

"He's right Kotoko." Sakura interjected. "I told you to wait to eat the sweets but you don't listen." Sakura yelled out from the kitchen table.

"B-But I want Kimchi Ramen mama,"

"You ate the cookies. Actually, go upstairs with your cookies since you're not eating with us." he demanded and pointed at the staircase.

Meanwhile, the little girl that was sitting on Sakura's lap was clutching to her Quantum Mechanics book was trying her hardest to understand the writing. It'd been a few weeks and she refused to cheat and ask Sakura for help. Her attention was pulled by the Korean conversation happening between the two rooms.

"Baby Aura, you've been reading that book for almost a month now, do you need me to ask my boy to help you? He's good at this stuff, aren't you too young to be reading this?"

She shook her head, "I have to understand the first page."

She clutched the book harder, she understood and read the first few sentences but the font was really small so she still had eight more confusing paragraphs to go.

"Auntie, what is an Appa?" she asked, looking up curiously at Sakura who was trying her hardest not to pinch her cute dimpled cheeks.

"Is that the only word you caught?"

"I can't speak Kowean," she sighed sadly, "I wish I could."

Her mind went to the little boy and how he'd only speak Korean in the house to her to assure she couldn't preserve a conversation with him.

"Oppa means brother, but it can also be a kawaii way of calling a boy you think is cute, or a boy you have feelings for."

"Appa," she whispered under her breath.

"Oh- Pa,"

"Ah-Pa," she tried to mimic Sakura's tone but she couldn't which irritated her.

"It's okay honey, you'll get it soon. Tell me, do you want to know cause you've found a brother, or because you've found a crush?"

The young girl started coughing so heavy and Sakura patted her back in a smooth consistent rhythm. "Go to the kitchen and tell my boy to pour you some water."