Chapter 2

I woke up by the sound of Tom making breakfast in the kitchen. But what really happened last night? Did he really kiss me? Or was it just a dream? 

I heard him walking into the sofa quietly before he appeared in front of me. 

Tom - "Oh youre awake. Breakfast is ready. Im just jumping in the shower quickly before we must go." 

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek and started to walk away.

Me - "Tom?" 

He turned around and looked at me and smiled.

Tom - "Yeah?"

Me - "Oh nothing." 

I couldnt talk to him about it, it was to embarrassing. If it really meant something to him then he would have mentioned it right? He's not the most shy boy there is, sure he's kinda shy. But never around me, so it must be me, it must be my head messing up. He just wanted to try it i guess, i mean.. We've been best friends since forever, yeah 17 years to be exact, so who can blame him? I have also thought about kissing him. But i always chickened out, i could get totally pissed and so could he, but i never found the guts to kiss him. I cared to much about our friendship. 

He turned around and walked back to the shower and me into the kitchen trying to get something to eat. It was an important day for both of us really. My first day at the job as the olympics helper and Toms first day training in the aquatic centre. 

As i got into some new clothes and was stood waiting downstairs for Tom i felt someone wrapping his arms around me. I smiled by the thought that it might be Tom. 

Tom - "What are you smiling for? Come on, we have to go or  we'll be late."

***********

Boss Pete - "Im so glad youre on early Gee! Theres loads to do today!" 

Me - "No worries, glad i can help. So what do you need?" 

Boss Pete - "You see that young lad over there?" 

I turned around and stared at Tom and shot him a smile when he looked at me. His brown eyes made my knees go week. 

Me - "Tom Daley?" 

Boss Pete - "No, the one besides Tom." 

Me - "Are you seriously meaning..."

Boss Pete - "Chris Mears? Yes i do. Dont start fangirl over him."

He started to chuckle when my eyes widened and i felt myself blushing a light shade of red. 

Me - "What can i do for him today then?" 

Boss Pete - "Youre his assistant today." 

No. fucking. way! I'm gonna be Chris Mears assistant! The Chris Mears. 

Boss Pete - "What are you waiting for? Me to carry you over to him? Fine.." 

Suddenly my boss picked me up and carried me towards Chris. 

Me - "Pete, put me down! I can walk myself you know!" 

Chris - "Pete, put that poor girl down!" 

I felt someone grabbing my waist and pulling me down from Pete and down to the ground, oh lovely ground how ive missed you. I turned around and saw Chris standing there in front of me smiling widely. 

Chris - "Wow youre beautiful!" 

I felt myself blushing even more, my face must be as red as a tomato. 

Boss Pete - "Oh Chris, dont make the poor girl die at her first day! Go easy on her otherwise i have to put her somewhere else." 

Chris - "I'll behave, promise!" 

Pete walked away and you could hear him chuckle in the whole arena. I loved Pete, he was like a dad for me. 

Me - "So what can i get you?" 

Chris - "You can sit over there, and just look at me doing my thing. And of course, lstay there so i have something pretty to look at." 

He winked and walked away to the diving board and left me laughing at the bench i was sitting on. 

Chris was beautiful, in every single way. His dark hair, his green eyes and his white smile. Any girl that met him would fall in love with him. But why did he show interest for me? 

After sitting on the bench for 2 hours Chris finally came back to me and sat down on the bench. 

Me - "Is there something i can do for you Chris?"

Chris - "You can let me take you out on a date tonight." 

I started giggle and felt myself blushing, and without realising i started touching his arm and resting my head on his shoulder. 

Tom's POV.

I was stood on the 10 meters diving board when i saw Gee talking to Chris. Wait what.. are they flirting? Didnt that kiss meant anything to her? I love her, ive loved her since we were 8 and i thought that she loved me back. I guess she doesnt love me like that. 

Coach - "Daley, are you gonna dive today or what?"

Me - "Yeah sorry coach." 

I dove in and got up from the pool and walked over to where Gee was sitting, luckily Chris had gone to the shower. 

Me - "Gee, can we talk?"

Georgia - "Yeah of course. Whats up?" 

Me - "I see that youre getting on pretty well with Chris."

Georgia - "Yeah, he's really sweet."

Me - "We need to talk, babe."

Georgia - "Yeah you said that. Talk to me." 

I swallowed hard, took a deep breath before i sighed. 

Me - "You know last night.. when we.. kissed?"

Georgia - "Yes..?"

Me - "Well.. i.. i.. i love you Gee, more than a friend." 

She just stared at me, without saying a word. How could i be so stupid thinking she felt the same way i did.

Chris - "You ready to go beautiful? Oh hey Tom. Great practice mate." 

She nodded and he wrapped an arm around her waist and started walking towards the door. 

That should have been me walking next to her, taking her on a date, kissing her, having her close to me. But no.. Ive lost her.. only because im do shy when it comes to talk about my feelings. Why does she think i havent had a girlfriend yet? It was because of her. Dont think i havent been able to get one, trust me. Ive had plenty of options, not to sound cocky, but its the truth. Ive turned every girl down because of Georgia, because i loved her, i still do. But i guess im too late now.