1

A single tear. Is all that was shed. The sound of a bottle rolling on the floor, along with a small  clank of a piece of metal hitting the tiles, was echoed throughout the room. Moments later a thud had followed the noises. Millions of feet running, sounding like a stampede of wild horses. Suddenly, everything went still, as everyone approached the eery, hushed, white door. A women in gray and blue, hair fluffy and drenched in sweat and fear. Mrs. stepped slowly to the door, her hand steadily inched towards the handle. Turning it every so deliberately. The door creaked open gradually. Gasps came out one by one from the crowd of peoples huddled in front of the now opened door. The view being hard to take in. A scream of pain and sorrow had erupted from Mrs. Landing on her knees, salty tears streaming down her face. The sight in front of her just making her break down. One of the things she feared had finally happened. Never thinking it would actually happen in her days of being alive. Within the group, sniffles and whimpers were shared with one another. A phone called was made by one of the oldest of the Mrs. Sirens and more footsteps were heard after an hour had passed. The Mrs. was now outside, red faced, a tissue in hand watching everything happen in slow motion. Seeing what was once usually happy and smiling, being carried out in a large bag, and set into the ambulance. A day that was meant to celebrate another year of living, to be ended so suddenly. For the rest of that day, no one smiled, barely took a single breath. The cake sitting untouched on the table. The number candles once lit but never to be blown out again for what they were meant for. A wish not to be made again, as for it had finally come true.