Meeting Up

I walked up to the door to the office of the college I'd be attending. I smiled wide as I reached for the handle and opened the door. I cleared my throat quietly as I walked up to the desk, where there was a boy who seemed to be about my age typing at a computer.

"Excuse me. I'm here to get my schedule and my dorm number? My name is Alexander Hamilton..." something clicked in my head as I recognized the person in front of me.
"Are you Aaron Burr?"

The other man hesitantly nodded and started to look for my name in his files. "Yes. Your room number is 176," Aaron handed me a slip of paper and a pair of keys. "Your roommate is John Laurens. He's a bit... strange. Good luck." He gave me an obviously forced smile and turned back to his work.

I walked off to find my dorm. Strange? I thought, I bet he's not that bad. Can't be worse than anything I've handled before... My train of thought came to an abrupt stop as I found my dorm room. I unlocked the door and then knocked, to make sure I wasn't walking in on something, before opening the door and entering. It was empty. Looks like this 'John' guy isn't here yet.

I set down my stuff on one side of the room and sat on the bed I'd claimed for a few minutes. I wondered if I'd become friends with anyone this year. I tended to make more enemies than friends.

A click from the door prompted me to stand up. I figured it was my roommate from the sounds that seemed like shuffling of boxes and key being jangled in the doorknob. Soon enough, a smaller man walked into the room carrying only one box. He noticed me already in the room and froze.

I smiled and walked over to him, extending a hand to shake.
"Hello, I'm Alexander Hamilton. "I understand you are John Laurens?" He nodded and ignored my hand as he closed the door. Rude. Whatever.

He goes over to the empty bed and sets down his box. I take a moment to look him over.

He's relatively pale and has a field of freckles covering his cheeks. He has curly, shoulder length, auburn hair that was hanging in a loose ponytail and eye bags that were almost as prominent as mine. Heh. And the most beautiful emerald green eyes with flecks of gold and hazel I've ever seen. I was convinced that they'd be even better if they weren't so dull at the moment. He couldn't have been less than a few inches shorter than I am. He was wearing a light grey pullover with a small white bird on it and black ripped jeans.

When he turned around to face me. He tilted his head in confusion and it looked like he was trying not to laugh. I realized my face had grown warm. He shook his head slightly and cracked a small smile, which only made me blush more.

"It's n-nice to meet you Alexander. Um, I'm going to invite some friends of mine for coffee. W-would you like to come?" John spoke his first words to me and I nodded.
"I'd like to, if you really don't mind."
"Sure. C'mon,"

A short while later and we were at the coffee shop. It was a quaint building with sky-blue walls and chocolate colored furniture with lighter brown decor. There was the sound of a small bell as we entered.

Immediately, two men seemed to recognize John and waved us over. One had his hair pulled back into a bun and a bit of stubble, and the other had a grey bandana tied around his short-cropped hair and a small goatee.

"John! Hey, how've you been? Who's this?" The one with the bandana asked cheerfully.

"Th-this is Alexander, my roommate. Alexander, this is Lafayette, b-but we call him Laf. And-and that's H-hercules Mulligan." John introduced me to the two. His voice was soft, quiet, and careful; like he had every possible conversation clearly planned out in his head. I liked his voice, but I wondered why he would speak like that.

"You can just call me Alex. It's nice to meet you!"

We ordered coffee and sat down at the table Laf and Hercules were already at. Lafayette recited his whole name for me, which was impressively long, and Hercules told me I can just call him 'Herc'.

We talked for a while, and sipped our drinks. We eventually ended up playing 20 questions, which was fun. Yes, we're college students, but who cares?

John stood up and quietly announced that he was going to the bathroom. As he left, Laf and Herc leaned across the table towards me a little, their expressions turning deadly serious.

"If you're John's roommate, we have some things to tell you."

((A/N: welp. Here's another book. That I came up with. At 1:42am. Again. I think this should be pretty interesting and I hope you do too! Ipromisethechapterswillgetlongerimsorry
-John))