Avoid,avoid,avoid

Danny will be played byAugust Alsina.

Danny and Carly have been together every friggin' day since they started 'dating". And I being the best friend had to tag along as the third wheel. I was sick and tired of seeing them making goggly eyes at each other and laughing at their inside jokes. I haven't had a second alone with Danny since she's been around and I am over it. So, I've decided to avoid them both. Which was easy considering they never actually leave his bedroom long enough to notice or care about my absence. Talk about feeling abandoned.

~*~

"Yellow or turquoise?" My mom held up both fabrics. We were sitting in the kitchen trying to decide on the color of her wedding.

"Turquoise." I said. My mom put the materials down and wrote something in her wedding planning book.

"Lace or silk?" She held up the options.

"Why can't you have both? Lace and silk is super sexy." My mom made her thoughtful face and finally nodded and wrote something down.

"I haven't seen Danny around lately." My mom noted. I shrugged and picked up her notebook pretending to read it.

"Where has he been?" She asked. I sighed. If I didn't give her an answer she'll bug me all night.

"He's been busy with his girl friend." I said, still looking at her notebook.

"Busy?"

"Yes mom, having sex."

"Aye!"

"Sorry." I muttered putting her book down.

"Maybe you should tell him how you feel about him." she gave me a pointed look. What? She knows! How can she tell but he can't and I spend way more time with him.

"Theirs nothing to tell." I said wryly.

"Lena."

"I have homework." I pecked her cheek and ran upstairs before she could say anything else.

Since I had no plans whatsoever I picked up Nicholas Sparks Dear John. When I seen the movie I just had to go out and get the book. I fluffed up my pillows and laid back against them, opening up to where I left off.

~*~

"Lena." I felt something poke my side. Groaning, I rolled over.

"L." *poke*

"Go away." I mumbled.

"I got you a three musketeer." I snapped awake at that. Danny was looming over me, his face inches from mine. I recoiled back, bumping my forehead against his nose.

"Shit." Danny growled rubbing his nose. I smiled apologetically at him.

"You shouldn't have been so close." I said.

"Noted." Danny sat next to me on the bed, leaning his big head on my shoulder.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." He said.

"Well you were busy."

"Yeah, I was." I could hear the smile in his voice and I wanted to smack it off him.

"Right."

"Were going to Ron's pool party tomorrow night. You coming with?" Ahhh. Ron's pool party. It totally slipped my mind. But, I will not be going with him and his play thing.

"Nope. I have a date." I lied.

"With who?" Danny asked. Shit.

"Um, Ian." Danny shook his head.

"Hell no. I hate that guy."

"I'm not asking for your permission Danny."

"I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I got me. You just worry about Carly." Danny and I stared at each other in silence. Finally he got up.

"I'll see you later."

"Mhm." He stood there for a second like he was expecting me to say something else. When I didn't he just shook his head and left out my balcony door.

~*~

Vote/comment.