Page 11

"Grace! What's wrong?" 

She looked at me with despair in her eyes... A dark... scared... stare.

"Boy problems?" I gulped.

Her mouth trembled as she tried to speak.

"Look, I know we just met but I can tell we will be great friends. Girls look out for each other."  I tilted my head to one side. 

I am being sincere now...

 she took a deep breath and croaked: " the guy I'm with is... Controlling... Secretive and just... downright strange. He just makes sure he knows where I am every moment of the day but  I have this unnerving a feeling he's been seeing someone else...It's that bad that I'm too scared to even think about leaving him."  She started weeping. 

 "If he is seeing someone else he'll slip up eventually...You need to do what's best for you. I've definitely heard of guys like this before. Getting away from the situation is what's best for you." 

 I called over the waitress and order us smoothies. We sat and spoke for hours about ourselves, our families and our lives. She is a genuine girl and It breaks my heart to know that she is with him...

My phone buzzed decided I can't use my 'sister' as an excuse again' 

"Sorry it's my boyfriend, I think he's come back from work and is on his way to get me."