4. Challenge

“Back up,” Ebony growled, glaring at Breakdown. “Or you might have an actual breakdown, Bud.” Her voice was taunting as she watched his every movement.

        “Oh, calm down,” Knockout insisted, inspecting his digits as Ebony stalked through the room, her optics watching both the medic and his assistant intently.

        “Shut your mouth, Medic,” she spat, her blade grazing over his armor harmlessly as she walked past him, keeping her gaze steady on the bulky mech across the room.

        Knockout jumped when he felt the metal on his. “Evil femme!” He shouted, backing away from her. “Breakdown! Quick! Buff out the scratch!”

        “I don’t see one,” the larger mech told him.

        “Don’t be silly!” Knockout insisted. “There has to be one! She’s just that horrid! Buff it out now before someone sees!”

        Ebony rolled her optics. Obviously these two would be of no help, but she was still willing to try. “Slag it you two! Just tell me what the frag is going on with Megatron and the Decepticons! I haven’t been told a thing since I’ve come here and I’m growing rather impatient! I haven’t been on the battlefield at all, every mission is ‘top secret’, or in other words, not for me to know even though everyone else does. Why can I not even be of use to the Decepticons like I wish to? I haven’t even been allowed out to attain a vehicle mode.”

        “Oh . . . That . . .” Breakdown muttered, looking away from the femme. “That’s, um, complicated.”

        “It’s not complicated!” Knockout interrupted. “Megatron just doesn’t trust her!”

        Ebony scoffed, crossing her arms. “Well no slag! I get that! But I am still a warrior, I am still a Decepticon, and I am still more than plenty capable of scrapping the Autobots, with or without back-up, so if I don’t get out there soon, my deadly capabilities may be turned on the residents of this ship instead. I suggest you talk to Megatron, or you two may be my first victims.”

        Breakdown stepped forward. “I’d like to see you try, little femme.”

        Ebony laughed, gazing up at the taller mech. “Is that a challenge, you silly oaf?”

        “Maybe it is,” he told her, not a hint of fear crossing his faceplate. “But I think you should be far more worried about it than you’re acting.”

        “I was going to say the same to you,” Ebony replied with a smirk.

        “I’m worried about the scratch on my paint! Someone buff it out already!” Knockout complained, glaring at the two Decepticons that were currently staring each other down.

        “Whoops,” Ebony said slyly, swinging her weight so that the blade on the back of her leg collided with Breakdown’s lower leg. The large mech cried out in pain, and Ebony swiftly drove a dagger into his knee servo, sliding it under the protective armor with ease straight into the vulnerable wiring and tubing beneath. Energon began to spurt from the wound. Ebony grinned as her dagger dug under his chest plating, ripping the armor up, her blade dangerously close to his spark. “Again,” Ebony told him, her voice light as she gripping his shoulder servo, holding him in place. “I think you should be afraid  a little bit more often.”

        Pushing him down, which was far easier with his injuries, Ebony stalked from the room. All the while, she could hear Knockout calling after her. “Now what am I going to do? You better buff this out if I have to fix him! You stupid rogue!”