A Revelation(Ch.14)

I feel a person who wants to die jumping on my back while I try to sleep.

   "Go away." I say, while lazily kicking her off me.

Abby turns away but still gets a small kick to her hip.

   "Avery, get up."

   "No."

   "Avery, this is important."

   "Never"

  She leans in with a shit eating grin on her face.

"Don't you want to know what's in that confidential packet?"

The sheets go up in a flurry as I shoot gracelessly up to a sitting position.

"Did you open it? Please tell me you did not do it without me. You know my saying, 'Research before Curiosity.' You should have told me. Plus, I really wanted to be the first to ope-"

"Calm your titties girl, I didn't open it. I was waiting for you.  And I feel offended! Of course I looked up its whole history. I checked the original owner that you stole it from. The Sheriff I believe. He turned out to actually not be the original owner, but stole it, same as you. He wasn't the brightest person..."

  "Ah. A mouth-breather." I reply.

  "Yes, his father was apparently very smart and very good at his job. That's how the Sheriff got in the system. But of course he didn't get far because he was a total nincompoop."

  "Nincompoop?" I query.

  "Shut the hell up, I made a goal to not cuss."

  "I see."

  "Yeah, he tried to get in the CIA and everything but got nada. So he wanted to get them back, and did the infamous switcheroo and took the file, replacing it with an extremely amateur note about why they will regret not having him and blah blah blah."

   "Wow. Childish. And stupid. I bet he even wrote his signature on it." I joke.

   "Probably, but I didn't want to get too deep into it when I realized it involved the CIA. I'm too tired and lazy for those intrusive jerks." She responds.

  "Yeah.... Well, Curiosity calls, where is it?" I ask.

  "Follow me, Micheal and the gang are waiting for us." Abby says.

"WAIT!" I practically scream.

   "What! You good?"

"Yeah, I just need to get dressed." I say with a small smirk.

  "Well hurry up!"

~

     Abby and I walk down together to a room that is well hidden. I pull up my skinny jeans a little in distaste. The high waisted skinny jeans were so skinny that I practically had to do a mini-bicycle session just to get in them, and now they won't stay where they are supposed to!?!? The white tank top was fairly tight, but the leather jacket was pretty cool. The boots were also knee high, maybe two inches below my knee. Guessing by the red heel, I'd say they were Christian Louboutin. How much did this outfit cost!? Who picked it out? Let me guess: Micheal.

   "Stop fidgeting." Abby says, smacking my hand.

  "I am not fidgeting, I am readjusting."

  Abby rolls her eyes.

  We stroll into the room and sit down together.

Being me, My eyes immediately sweep the area, looking at the strengths, weaknesses, cameras, and other things.... And maybe seeing if Micheal remembered that I love chocolate milk, because i'm parched.

I look down and see... CHOCOLATE MILK! he does care! I'll have to thank him later somehow but I want to keep this professional right now.

The cold condensation coats my hand when I pick up the glass with chocolate milk. The glass gently reaches my lips before I suddenly chug it down.

I can practically feel all eyes on me but what does it matter? My hand reaches out for the file while I finish the glass.

Abby and Micheal both nod to me, indicating that they were ready. The glass clanks when I put it down and I start undoing the seal.

I take a breath, adding suspense, and slowly, very slowly, start to open it.

Everyone in the room leans forward in their seat, including Micheal. Though Micheal leans a little too close, so I look at him and slowly push him back. He gives me a cheeky grin, but it looks a little strained as he keeps looking at the file and back to me.

I stick my hand in the folder and pull out the papers, and start to read.

To whom it may concern,

Time is wasting so I will keep this quick. As you should know. Matthew Carbone joined the CIA to annihilate his family, which is an established and distinguished mafia. We accepted him on the terms that he works as a double agent. He agreed. The greatest thing about this was that he was trusted, due to him being a blood relative to the leader. Soon after our deal, his father died, granting him as the new leader. This was progressing because then, no one would expect a leader to be guilty. Now, the reason for this letter was so the police know not to interrupt Matthew's enough that he cannot gain the information we need. Concluding, I need ''''''''''''' To initiate communication between them and to keep it private.

Induct immediate action,

-

For once, I did not feel the need to come up with an immediate response. I felt like an analyzing the whole document. Who wrote it? Who was it originally to? Who initiated conversation? There were so many questions with so little answers that is was frustrating. But there was one answer that I can be damn sure of. That being curious paid off. Mathew Carbone was Micheal's brother. He was a rat, and a considerably big one.

Before I can do anything, Micheal takes the document from me and reads through it out loud.

"Time is wasting so I will keep this quick. As you should know. Matthew Carbone joined the CIA to annihilate.. his... fami-..."

Micheal's eyes widen considerably and the room becomes deathly quiet. You could practically hear everyone's racing hearts. Micheal reads the rest of the way through without speaking anything out loud. His eyes start to look wet, then they harden. Then his eyes become furious, his hands holding the most intense death grip on the paper that I have ever seen.

Suddenly, he slams the papers down on the table. The whole table, save me, jumps violently. They all seem deathly scared now. I guess Micheal has a temper that everyone is well aware of.

"FIGLIO DI PUTTANA! Lo sapevo! Lo sapevo fin dall'inizio! Ratto! Bugiardo! Traditore!" He fumes in what I can only assume is Italian.

He throws his hands up and takes out his gun. All the members flinch, but say nothing.

"Lasciare! Ma prima daremo fuoco a tutto."

Everyone scurries out of the room from what I guess is an order.

Abby slowly gets up and tries to leave.

"Sit down!" Micheal yells.

Abby immediately sits back down next to me.

"We talk. Now. About my brothers betrayal. And how we will reverse the damage he has done."

Micheal has a fire in his eyes, and if we're not careful, that fire might not stay in his eyes.