Day 36

Pink and yellow clouds across a blue sky met my eyes tonight. Taehyung interlaced his fingers with mine as we walked. He was wearing a long coat today because of the cold. His eyes wandered the city streets, avoiding me.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Nothing always means something."

"I don't want to talk about it." He said hanging his head.

The fact that he didn't want to tell me something worried me. I stayed silent. We walked quietly, Tae rubbed circles in my hand like he was distracted.

"Your hands are cold." He said.

"Yeah?"

"You should have worn gloves."

"It's not that cold out yet, it's only October."

"I don't want you to be cold."

"Well if you are so opinionated about it you can warm my hands up." I said stubbornly.

He stopped me and cupped my hands in his. I was very surprised when he pulled my hands close to his mouth and breathed warm air on them. I tried to back up but he didn't let me. He just held onto my hands and breathed on them until he was satisfied, then he kissed my palms and then lowered them. He still held on to both of my hands. I avoided his eyes and blushed.

"What?" He asked like nothing had happened.

"What do you mean what, what was that?" I said nervously.

I pulled my left hand away from his grip and messed with my hair awkwardly.

"Why do you have to be all nervous, it's cute but it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong." He looked a little hurt.

"Oh I'm sorry, I just." I stumbled over my words. "You're just so affectionate and I'm not used to it."

"You will get used to it because I don't wanna stop." He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

His kiss tickled and I giggled.

"Now that's adorable, I should do that more often." He said grinning. He proceeded to attack my cheeks with kisses making me giggle harder. I buried my face in his shirt to hide from the affection.

"Now that's more like it." He hugged me tightly.

"Okay okay, lets go take the picture." I untangled myself from his arms and walked off toward the sunset leaving him behind. He ran up behind me and grabbed my hand.

I took the picture then we went back to my apartment.

We stood outside of my apartment ready to say goodbye.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told him.

"Yeah, but." He paused.

"What?" I asked.

"I... I'll see you tomorrow but then... I have to leave, for two weeks." He hung his head.

"Tae, why didn't you tell me."

"I don't know, I didn't want to think about it."

"What are you talking about."

"I didn't want to think about how much I am going to miss you."

"You should have told me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know until two days ago."

"Where are you going?"

"America, it's only two weeks. I guess it's not that long."

"Yeah."

"You won't forget about me will you?"

"Why would I ever forget you."

"I have no idea."

I chuckled.

"I'll miss you (y/n)."

"I'll miss you too, but we still have tomorrow."

"That's true."

He pulled me into a hug, then he pulled away slightly so he could see my face. He tilted my face towards him and kissed me. For some reason, deep down I didn't believe him when he said he loved me. I believe it now, even if he stopped loving me the next day or if I stopped believing him, I believed him now. He deepened the kiss, he didn't seem to want to let go. When he finally pulled away, he leaned his forehead against mine.

"I love you." I told him, even if I knew he didn't love me back.

"I love you too." He said.

How could he though, I didn't understand, how could he possibly love me. He was all I had, all I loved, was I that to him?

I felt my eyes start to well up. I pulled away from Tae.

"Goodnight Tae."

"Goodnight (y/n)."

He didn't notice the tears that had started streaming down my face as I walked into my apartment and closed the door.