18 ; yoongi pov ⚣

i was laying on my left arm, reading a book about world war I. i grabbed it from the nearby library when i came back from visiting taehyung at the pub. he used to work in a book store a couple years back actually, but later on decided to work as a bartender in a pub directly next to a playhouse for an unknown reason.

the reason i visited him was to ask him about hoseok. you know, when he was drunk. i needed to know if anything happened while he was in the building rather than out. taehyung would be the only person to know if anyone was trying to do anything to hoseok anyway.

( audio with people talking in the crowd >> https://youtu.be/Bh6W4yEX7fQ )

"do you remember seeing an attractive black haired male while working? he was drunk," i asked taehyung while resting my jaw on my palm, back hunched, swishing around my glass of soju. he tilted to the right and scratched his head, trying to recall. "i don't think so? i mean, the only one attractive guy i saw was jungkook earlier that night but that's all." "jungkook was here earlier?" i asked myself mentally. i furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a stern look, making him intimidated.

"are you sure, taehyung?" i asked, giving him a steady expression.

"uh..." taehyung pondered and thought more deeply. there wasn't anyone which he had found attractive that one night, the area was mostly filled with elder men... but there was that one young man.

"oh, wait, did he have a green jacket with a white shirt on? if so, then i may have saw the person whom you are searching for."

"oh thank the heavens, and also, what's with the change in manner and speech?"

"i just like it, i don't know."

i breathed, it sounded like a sigh but i was relieved that hoseok wasn't lying to me. i fixed my posture up and was ready to ask my bartender friend some questions.

"oh, i don't think he got touched by anyone, but i'm unsure. there was this one time when he entered the bathroom and came out after about ten minutes or so..."

"ten minutes? woah, that's quite a suspiciously long time in a public bathroom," i mumbled to myself, looking down at my soju.

"did you say something?"

"oh, no, it was nothing."

i was just about to depart from the building until a random thought appeared in my head, making me curious for an answer. "hey, just before i go, i have one more question i've been meaning to ask." taehyung was all ears.

"what type of alcohol did he drink?"

"oh, he mostly drank midori. that one really strong japanese drink, ever heard of it? it can make you fall asleep right after a sip i heard. hoseok fell asleep after drinking a couple glasses before he checked his phone, he kinda just passed out," taehyung answered.

"midori, huh?"

i waved goodbye to taehyung and exited the pub, holding a brown paper bag. inside was that drink, midori. i was curious on how much it would affect me, since i would usually drink alcohols that were considered to be strong. if it really was the cause of hoseok falling asleep, then it'd put me to quite some good use. the only question that needed to be answered was why did he choose this specific drink? that was a question that only hoseok himself could answer.

still holding the bag, i walked by many stores. i would've headed straight home but jungkook just had to text me at the right time asking me to buy banana milk. i sighed tiredly and entered a nearby shopping centre. it's not like i needed to buy much, i was just buying banana milk for some kid after all. but as i headed to the grocery store, i passed by a familiar face. i didn't stop to look at them since it was just for a brief moment, but they were in a flower shop. continuing to walk, i had a quick thought.

"i could've sworn i've seen that guy somewhere..."

( stop playing sound )

"here's your banana milk kid," i threw his drink onto his bed, making it slowly roll off.

"oh, thanks," the younger replied, not looking at his hyung because he didn't want to lose his match.

"where are your manners, huh?" i asked him, while looking annoyed. he could've at least said 'hyung' to make me feel more better. but it seemed that jungkook was too busy to even care about mannerism. i rolled my eyes and walked into my room, throwing the bag of midori onto my bed. i rubbed my forehead and yawned.

"i'm so tired."

i reached my hand into my black oversized hoodie's pocket and took out my phone, to see messages from the one and only hoseok. i chuckled softly and swiped to read them.

"oh..."