t w e n t y - t h r e e

"I'll be back soon!" Corbyn said before closing the car door and running to McDonald's.

Everything grew quiet. All she could hear were a few cars driving by the street.

This gave Maple time to start thinking.

Did she really trust Corbyn?

He seemed like a very good person. But it scared Maple how quickly they bonded. They didn't need a lot of time to grow close. They pretty much became best friends as soon as they started texting.

But nonetheless it brought a smile to her face knowing she could have someone that listens to her and someone she could always talk to.

Maple always had problems with trusting pepole. She had always found a way to get fucked over by the pepole that she thought were her friends.

That made her build up walls that only a few pepole had broke through. Only a few pepole were able to smash down the bricks that she put around herself.

Corbyn was one of those pepole.

He had brought the wall down so effortlessly. Maple had opened up to him way quicker than anybody else.

There just was something about him that made her trust him.

Yes. I trust him.

Her thoughts were cut off by hearing a familiar voice.

"I got the goods!" Corbyn shouted running across the parking lot towards the car with three McDonald's bags while a security guard glared at him.

"Great! I'm starving." Maple whined while ripping one of the bags out of Corbyn's hand.

"The cashier looked at me like I'm crazy. Who buys so much food at 10 PM?"

"Definitely us."

Both of them sat down in the backseats of the car and started munching.

"Since I don't know where anything is or where we could go, you're going to have to tell me." Corbyn admitted and Maple chuckled a little.

"That's fine. I know some places." Maple added reaching for the pack of french fries.

"So, how's life?" Corbyn asked taking a huge bite out of his burger.

Maple started laughing and Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows and asked a muffled "What?"

"Y-you literally h-have lettuce all over your mouth." Maple laughed while Corbyn let out a small chuckle and whipped all the food off his face.

"My life has been pretty standard. What about you?" Maple asked plopping another french fry into her mouth.

"Pretty good. Were releasing the album soon so that's exciting," Corbyn answered smiling.

"When are you going to stop teasing me. It's bad enough that I gotta wait until the end of this month,"

Corbyn just smirked and brought his attention back to his food. Maple rolled her eyes and looked out the window and admired the peaceful night.

But that wasn't exactly what Corbyn had his interest on. Right now he was admiring the girl next to him. He admired her eyes. The way they almost shined when she looked out the window and the starlight reflected on them. He admired her hair. The way it was slightly curly and always managed get a little tangled. How the light brown streaks shined under light. He admired her smile. The way it was so contagious. Whenever Maple smiled, Corbyn couldn't help but smile too. He admired the peaceful look on her face. She seemed so calm and happy.

She looked...beautiful?

_________________________________
Authors note

Ahhh!
Thank you so much for 3k reads!
Bless your souls!

I got no time to deal with your positivity.
But THANK YOU!

Limelight out!

Laliloa