Chapter Eleven

I didn't know what I was thinking

I didn't know what I was thinking. As much as I wanted to go on a date with him, I didn't know how it was going to happen.

Elaina and I had walked to the living room so she could watch her precious 'Stranger Things'.

"How am I gonna pull this off? Father will be pissed and question me if I go out with Dominic instead of Adrian..." I spoke in hushed whispers. "And that's assuming I'm allowed to go out." Father has been growing restless with the amount of murders.

Elaina shrugged, her focus was on the TV. "Ask Dorian? Make it seem like you're just hanging out." She rolled her eyes. "Phoebe will probably go with him and you guys can go on separate dates but in the same room or something?"

My face lit up at her suggestion. I made a mental note of asking Dorian later; aside from Elaina, he was the only one that knew Dominic was my true mate.

I didn't want to waste more time trying to get to North Dakota

I didn't want to waste more time trying to get to North Dakota. I had decided to fly there accompanying several warriors. We had decided it was the best-case scenario because it looked just a tad bit suspicious to have several buses full of wolves been driven several hours to North Dakota. Twenty warriors at a time would be flown out to not arouse suspicion.

My thoughts drifted to Selena. My inner wolf was pissed at having not seen her in over a fortnight. I hoped she agreed to go on a date with me later, but I couldn't hold it against her if she didn't want to. I mean, she has an intended. I silently growled at that fact.

Informants had informed me that Adrian Sköll had been caught sneaking out of someone's room. And no, it wasn't Selena's room. This prick knew he was being bonded off to someone who wasn't his mate but was cheating on her right under her nose.

Something about him didn't feel right. I didn't think it had to do with him being around my mate.

The air hostess approached my seat and shook me from my thoughts. "Would you like anything, sir?" she purred and gave me a saucy smirk.

I looked at her name badge. "No thank you, Isabella." She was pretty enough; soft features with sun kissed blonde hair and similar honey-coloured eyes to Selena.

The air hostess, Isabella, shot me a disappointed look. "Well, let me know if you need anything. I'll personally handle it." She gave me a wink before walking away.

I frowned. I was used to woman throwing themselves at me, mainly she-wolves who knew my Alpha status, power and wealth, but occasionally humans did too. But no one compared to her.

It was ridiculous that I'd known her for under a month but the moment I first saw her I knew she had to be mine. She already had me wrapped around her fingers. But I had to face reality; she was to going to be bonded off in less than six weeks. I gritted my teeth.

I needed a chance to win her over. I just need to know what it would be like and not have it hang over my head in a series of 'what if's'.

The moment I hopped off the plane, I hopped into my car and began speeding to the Alpha's house.

Upon arriving, I entered the house and nodded to the security guards. I heard giggling coming from the living room so I walked to the archway and saw her.

She was fucking beautiful with the way her eyes glistened with mirth and her plump pink lips lifted into a smile... God, those lips... I just wanted to kiss them all day long. The pull I had to her was overwhelming. The fire between us could destroy this house.

As if sensing me, she moved her head towards me and her lips formed an 'o'.

Before I could greet her, my ears perked up at the sound of footsteps. I met Adrian's chocolate orbs and immediately grimaced. My suspicions were true; he was seeing someone else.

He smelled like warm fur, the beach and something really sweet. My nose crinkled when it detected something else. His smell was also mixed with a hint of a woman's scent. But that woman wasn't my mate.

Adrian raised a blond eyebrow at me questioningly, as if he were asking 'What the fuck are you waiting for?' So I nodded my head at him in greeting, and followed him.

We quietly made our way to Alpha Caleb's study to discuss what had been happening.

"Alpha Dominic how was your flight?" Alpha Caleb Lyall asked me while gesturing to one of the armchairs in front of his desk.

"Good," I replied, not wanting to make small talk. The sooner this meeting ended, the sooner I could see Selena. "The first lot of my warriors will be arriving within the hour."

Alpha Caleb began talking about the murders and the correlation that they had found. "The murders began on the night that all the Alpha's were in town... my guess would be that someone is working with them."

Adrian shifted in his seat. "So how come we haven't been able to find vampires in your territory?"

Alpha Caleb's jaw clenched. "We can't sense them. The murders have been in public, so majority of the smell dissipates with the wind... the only thing that gives it away that it's a Vampire are the bite marks."

I tried to mask my emotions and made a mental note to check out their library later. Something didn't seem to add up. Even though all the murders were outside, a subtle hint of the scent of a Vampire would be sensed. They have a distinct smell; something delicious. Humans found it appealing, whilst werewolves found it repulsive.

If my theory was correct, then I'd have to discuss it with Alpha Caleb in private, so we do not arouse any suspicion and word does not get out about this.