xxiii : Mono

.: BATTLEFIELD :.

Your head hurt, there were ringings in your ears, and your eyes really heavy. It felt somehow similar to the sensation of a hungover.

Were you drunk? You couldn't remember clearly. Your memory was fuzzy.

You tried your best to open up your eyelids. The light blinded your eyes. There was a light, dim, on top of you.

Deja vu.

That was all you could think of.

It felt you have experienced this before. But you didn't remember if you really did experience it.

You lifted your head, but as you tried to get up ... you're stuck to your place.

You looked to your side. Your hand was chained to a metal bar. Again.

That's why it was so familiar.

Of course.

You're back to step one.

Vaughn's house.

A door across the room creaked open and an old man showed up from behind it. "You're back I see." He said.

You stared at him with a glare. He is the reason all of these happened.

"So?" Vaughn walked to next to you. "Tell me where he is." He asked in a commanding tone.

You looked away, "I don't know what you're talking about." You said.

A hand grabbed your jaw and forced you to look back where you once looked at. His eyes stared back into yours in a glare and clear fury. "Let me repeat myself. Where is he?" He growled in impatience.

You stayed silent. No words came out of your mouth. You're not obeying him. Not this time. The last time you did, he told you to kill. If you weren't caught, you could have been with the Winter right here right now. Why did he even need you?

You heard a deep voice sighing in anger. "Perhaps this will clear things up." He let you go and took out a series of keys hung on a metal ring. He unlocked your chains and as soon as you're out of it, he pulled you out of the bed.

You groaned in pain from rolling out of the bed involuntarily and tried to pull yourself back out of his grip.

He dragged you out of the room with much effort. You passed another familiar room where you were once told to kill a man. There, Vaughn flipped a carpet on the floor to reveal a trap door you didn't remember exist.

He dragged you along with him down a series of stairs with minimum amount of illumination.

There, the same scenery greeted you just like a few weeks ago. On one side, a small bed with a set of machine right next to it. In a corner, a small room all in a blinding white color.

Unconciously your body started shaking from the memories in this room. "Let me go." You half whispered the sentence.

Vaughn kept dragging you across the room and tied you on the bed. "If you're not telling me anything, you better forget everything as well."

He turned on the machine. Click by click, the sound of dials being turned and buttons being pushed.

You closed your eyes tightly and tried to resist the procedure.

But a loud thump interrupted.

You slowly opened your eyes and saw Vaughn fighting not so far. He looked struggled. In a matter of minutes, he went down.

The man who just fought Vaughn approached you.

A big, tall figure with broad shoulders walked toward you. He was closely followed with someone else. A feminine figure with what seemingly to be short curly hair.