Chapter Three

Seokjin kept staring at the boy, mouth hanging open and eyes wide. When he noticed that the boy asked him something, he smiled. ''I'm fine. I'm just kinda dizzy.'' Seokjin answered. He was serious, it felt like his head was spinning but he kept his eyes focused on the blue-haired boy standing next to him.

''Can you help me stand?'' The pink-haired male then asked, blinking his eyes innocently. ''Of course.'' The blue-haired boy answered without hesitation and softly grabbed Seokjin's hands. He pulled the mermaid up, which lasted for a few seconds, but then Seokjin lost his balance again and fell against the taller male. ''Are you sure you're okay?'' The blue-haired boy asked, keeping Seokjin up with his arms.

''I think so. My name is Seokjin, by the way.'' He introduced himself. ''I'm Namjoon. Let me help you.'' The blue-haired boy said and Seokjin laid his arm around Namjoon's shoulders so that he could stand. ''Where do you live? I'll bring you home. Maybe you're just too tired to stand on your feet.'' Namjoon stated and Seokjin swallowed nervously. He shouldn't tell Namjoon the truth, that he was from the ocean and not actually a human at all but a mermaid. It was his secret and Seokjin knew he would scare Namjoon off if he would tell him the truth.

''Umm, I don't have a home. I was really poor and I got kicked out at a young age. I have lived on the streets since then.'' Seokjin lied, but he still sounded confident. ''That's horrible! It's settled, you're coming with me, I'll take good care of you.'' Namjoon said, comfortly rubbing Seokjin's back. ''Isn't it weird to take a strange person you just met, home with you?'' The pink-haired male asked, wondering if humans were always this invitingly. ''You don't seem strange.'' Namjoon admitted, his soft brown eyes looking up and down at Seokjin. ''How can you tell?'' . ''I don't know, but you have this invitingly and nice aura around you. It's calming.'' Namjoon said with an honest smile.

Seokjin bit his bottom lip and looked at the sand between his toes. It was a mermaid thing. Mermaids are always seen as graceful, calm and gorgeous creatures, but Seokjin thought that would change when he got legs. ''Thanks.'' The mermaid responded to Namjoon's compliment and then he was aware of the fact that he was almost completely naked with the exception of a towel he found on the beach. And if that wasn't enough, he was leaning against Namjoon like that. Seokjin was just stunned by the fact that Namjoon didn't find him strange, since the mermaid was the opposite of normal right now.

''Let's go.'' The blue-haired male said and suddenly picked up Seokjin, causing the older to let out a suprised shriek. ''Stop doing sudden things! I get scared easily.'' Seokjin said with a soft voice and Namjoon laughed. ''I'll keep that in mind for later.'' He said with a smile as he carried Seokjin bridal-style, walking over the beach towards the parking lot. Seokjin rested his head against Namjoon's shoulder, he could definitely get used to this life.

...

Namjoon parked the car on the driveway and stepped out. He walked to the other side of the car and got Seokjin out, the pink-haired male still being suprised by his first car ride. ''We have to be quick. I can't let my neighbour see you.'' Namjoon said, picking Seokjin up. ''Why that? Are they nosy?'' He asked and Namjoon shook his head. ''No, everytime I bring a boy to my home, he always looks really dissapointed at me. He thinks I date too much.'' Seokjin felt a sting in his heart. How many guys did Namjoon met before Seokjin? He shouldn't be jealous, it's none of his buisness. ''He sounds like a typical old man.'' Seokjin joked and Namjoon grinned.

''Even though he sometimes behaves like that, he's twenty-five actually. But let's get inside.'' Namjoon said and closed the car door with his foot since he was carrying Seokjin. He rushed towards the front door of the white modern house and unlocked it with a key. ''It's not that fancy, even though a lot of people say it is. I hope you feel at home here.'' The blue-haired male said as he opened the front door and walked in with Seokjin in his arms. The mermaid didn't expect such a beautiful and modern interior, all the furniture in the living room at the end of the hallway looked so luxurious. Humans know how to take care of their houses, Seokjin thought. Even though the house was in a normal neighbourhood, it was a beachhouse and had an amazing view on the sea.

Seokjin turned his head away from the sea, he didn't want to think about it. Namjoon walked out of the hallway and into the living room, making Seokjin even more suprised. It was so beautiful, everything about the house was. The mermaid didn't mind spending the rest of his life here. ''Why don't you take a shower first? You can fresh yourself up and I'll lay down some clothes in the bathroom you can wear. While you do that, I'll prepare the guest bedroom.'' Namjoon suggested. ''Alright.'' Seokjin answered with a smile, even though he didn't even knew what a shower was.

''I feel better now, you can put me down.'' The pink-haired male added, wiggling his toes as a playful grin replaced his soft smile. Namjoon did what Seokjin said and put the male on his feet again, this time Seokjin didn't fall over. Having legs felt fantastic and he didn't miss his tail one bit. ''I'll show you the bathroom.'' Namjoon said and walked up the stairs, Seokjin immediatly following behind him. ''Second door to your left. Easy to remember.'' Namjoon pointed at the white door and Seokjin nodded. The blue-haired male opened the door and walked in.

''This is the shower, the bath, shelves with towels, the toilet, the washing machine. Over there is the mirror and cabinets with stuff like a hairdryer, moisturizer, medicine, those kind of things. If you need me, I'll be in the room on the opposite of the bathroom. I'll get you some clothes soon.'' Namjoon explained while Seokjin just stared at everything with a confused look. The blue-haired male walked out of the bathroom and Seokjin immediatly locked the door, he still needed his privacy.

He grabbed two towels from the shelf and laid them down close to the shower. Then Seokjin took off the towel around his waist and stepped into the shower cabin. He scratched his head unknowingly while looking at the shower head and wondering how to turn it on. When he noticed the buttons, he let out a sign of relief and twisted the left one. Water immediatly streamed out of the shower head, falling down on Seokjin.

He sighed in delight, he loved water so much, it made him relax. Seokjin stared at various bottles which stood on the ground. 'Shampoo' he read on the bottle, but it didn't ring a bell. He didn't know what it was, maybe a drink? It was in a bottle after all. Suddenly, Seokjin felt his legs tingling and before he knew it, he fell on the ground. ''Ow!'' He screamed when his head hit the black tiles of the bathroom floor. ''Seokjin! Are you okay!?'' He heard Namjoon yelling on the other side of the door, but before the pink-haired male could respond, he looked behind him. His eyes went wide as he was met with the sight of his pink tail, where just previously his legs were.

(Don't mind me casually posting a few years later lmao)