A Dark Secret

This is my first story so sorry if its bad :P 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

"Cass, hurry up!"  Damien called across the field. He was only one year older than me but he was still ten times faster.

"I'm coming as fast as I can!" I shouted back to him.

"I'm only 14, remember? Unlike you who's 15..." I replied muttering the last part.

"Well too late 'cuz I beat you back!" Damien said with a triumphant smile. We're next door neighbors and best friends since my first day of grade 1 when I came home to Damien digging a hole in our front yard. I helped him and took the blame. Ever since then he deemed me as his new best friend and we were inseparable since.

"Ok, I gotta get home now," I said out of breath.

"Oh, ok," Damien said, sounding disappointed.

I opened the front door, trying to be quiet so I wouldn't interupt my dad. We had just recieved our report cards and I knew mine wouldn't be good. I hadn't been doing well because Damien always distracted me, whether it was sneaking me out on a school night or convincing me to skip school.

As soon as I shut the door I knew my dad heard me. He emerged from his office with a disappointed look. 

"I never said you could go out, Cassidy," he said with a stern look. "Your mother and I have been talking," he continued,"and we decided that it would be best for you if you went to an all girls private school in England to focus on your studies."

"WHAT?! THAT'S ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE WORLD!" I shouted loud enough that the whole block could probably hear me. "You can't do that to me! I have a life here! I shouted, tears springing in my eyes. "It's for the best. You will move there this summer and live in the dorms there," my father said, then turned around and walked away. At that moment I knew my life was over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote!