What's In A Name?

For the next few weeks, Barbara had gotten comfortable living in Acme Acres with Robin. Barbara's stomach was somewhat showing. The couple would often go on walks since they were the closest exercises Barbara could do that wouldn't be strenuous on her body. One day, they were doing their usual walk when suddenly, Robin's phone rang. Robin got out his cellphone and picked it up. "I wonder who that could be?" he asked as he then answered, "Hello?"

"Atticus, glad you answered," Bruce said on the phone. Robin raised an eyebrow and asked, "Bruce? Well this is a surprise. I was kind of expecting you to not want to talk to me and Barbara." Bruce then asked on the other line, "Are you with Barbara right now?"

"Yeah, we're taking a walk," admitted Robin. "Good," replied Bruce, "put your phone on speaker. What I'm about to say is important, and both you and Barbara need to listen to what I have to say." Robin shrugged and then put his phone on speaker, and said, "Okay Bruce, you're on speaker."

"Bruce, what is it?" asked Barbara. "Remember when Atticus told us about the time travelling Batman from the future?" Bruce asked on speaker. "Yes," replied Barbara. "This future Batman said there was some sort of chip on the back of Tim's neck," said Bruce, "I looked into it, and I actually found a chip on the back of Tim's neck. It seems you and this future Batman were right Atticus."

"Good Golly, Miss Molly!" Robin said in shock. "Did you take the chip out?" asked Barbara. "It's off Tim's neck," said Bruce, "he seems to be acting a bit better now. I don't know what type of chip it is, but I'm going to further study it. I'll inform you on more updates soon."

"Thanks Bruce," said Robin, "say hi to Alfred and Tim for us." Bruce then said on speaker, "Will do. I hope you're enjoying Acme Acres, Barbara." She smiled and said, "Yes, I am. See you around Bruce." Robin then hung up the phone, putting it back in his pocket. By then, the couple were outside Robin's house. Robin got out his keys, unlocked the door, and held it open for Barbara. "Thank you," she said, smiling at him. Robin got inside, and shut the door behind him. "Ugh, my feet are killing me," groaned Barbara, "you wouldn't mind taking off my shoes and socks and rubbing my feet, would you?" Robin shook his head and said, "I wouldn't mind at all." They then sat on the couch. Barbara then put her feet on Robin's lap. "Now which foot is bothering you the most?" asked Robin. "The right," admitted Barbara. Robin then took off her right shoe and right sock, and started massaging her bare foot. She sighed in relief. Robin proceeded to massage that foot for a few minutes. "Want me to do the other one?" offered Robin. "Yes please," she said. Robin then wiggled his fingers and jokingly said, "I'm going to make this shoe and sock disappear from your foot." Before Babs could blink, Robin snatched her entire shoe and sock off, and he teased, "Ta-Da!" This made Barbara laugh. Robin then rubbed her left foot.

During her foot rub, Robin then said aloud, "Hey Barbara, I've been thinking of something." She gave him a look of curiosity and asked, "What were you thinking?" Robin stroked her toes and said, "Well, we haven't thought of a name for the baby yet." Barbara gave a look of intrigue and said, "You're right, we haven't... Though, we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl yet..."

"What should we name it if it's a boy?" asked Robin. Barbara thought for a moment and said, "Part of me wants to name him after Alfred after everything he's done for us... Though, if you had a girl, what would you name her, Robin?"

"I'd name her after Lola Bunny," said Robin, "she's been like a big sister to me. What about you?" 

"I'd name her after Kara," said Barbara. "Awwww, that's sweet of you," said Robin. "Though, after what Tim went through, I want to name the baby after him," admitted Barbara. "How about we compromise?" offered Robin, "if it's a boy, we could have his first name be after Tim, and his middle name be after Alfred. And if it's a girl, we could have her first name be after Kara, and her middle name be after Lola. How's that sound?" Barbara then smiled, saying, "Timothy Alfred Warner if it's a boy, and Kara Lola Warner if it's a girl... I like it! Deal." She then shook Robin's hand, satisfied with what they thought up.