Chapter 7: Happy Birthday Pt.1

Third Person POV

It was close to early morning when Danny and Fright Knight arrived back at Fenton Works. The two ghosts phased into Danny's room where the halfa transformed back into his human self and plopped onto the bed, exhausted.

"Were you able to learn how to control the ring, my liege?" Fright Knight asked, hovering next to Danny.

The teen smiled and nodded, lifting his right hand to stare at the finger where the ring rested in his Prince form. "It actually was easier than I thought it would have been." He replied, sounding a little cocky. Danny sat up on the bed and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "Fright Knight," he began suddenly sounding serious, "why did Clockwork ask us to leave all of a sudden?".

Fright Knight was silent. He turned away from his charge and faced the window. "I must report to Plasmius." He said and phased through the wall. Danny leaped to his feet and ran to the window, looking out into the night sky. Fright Knight had turned himself invisible so Danny couldn't see him or follow him.

The young halfa flopped back onto his bed, defeated. Why did Clockwork chase him out so suddenly? And what was with that tiny earthquake at the tower? Danny sighed; as if his life wasn't already crazy enough. He quickly changed into his pajamas and crawled into bed, thankful that tomorrow was the weekend. He would talk to Fright Knight in the morning and he would order an answer out of him. Wait, could he do that? Danny shook off all thoughts of Fright Knight and Clockwork and fell into a dreamless sleep.

IT IS I! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LINE BREAK PROVIDING MY MOST NECESSARY PRESENCE IN THIS STORY! GIVE ME YOUR OFFERINGS AND PRAISE AND CONTINUE ON WITH THE CHAPTER!

"And that's why I will never again take my PDA into the shower with me." Tucker said as he took a bite out of his Nasty Burger.

Danny and Sam exchanged a look and sighed in unison, shaking their heads at their friend who was sitting across from them. The three friends had agreed to meet up at Nasty Burger to discuss Danny's birthday which was tomorrow. Though this meet up was originally supposed to be about Danny, Tucker had been talking for the past 20 minutes on why he had destroyed yet another one of his PDA's.

Sam turned to Danny, resting her elbow on the table. "So, what crazy ghost hunting weapon do you parents have planned for your present this year?" She asked.

Danny shrugged. "I honestly have no idea what they're doing this year. They've been pretty tight lipped for some reason." He answered. Usually his parents were wild when it came to his birthday but this year they seemed really relaxed. Danny couldn't help but chuckle when he thought of how crazy his life had gotten in such a short amount of time.

The young halfa felt a chill run up his spine as a blue mist escaped from his lips. "It is just me, my liege." Fright Knight's voice whispered. All three teens jumped at the sudden voice.

"Do you have to deal with that all the time?" Tucker whispered, looking around to try and figure out where Fright Knight's voice was coming from.

Danny smiled and nodded. Actually, he was really thankful that Fright Knight had shown up. When Danny woke up in the morning, his bodyguard still hadn't returned. Whether it was because of Vlad or he was just trying to avoid Danny the teen didn't know. But now that he was here, Danny could finally ask him about Clockwork.

Just as Danny was about to open his mouth, Fright Knight spoke instead. "I apologize for interrupting you, my liege, but our presence has been requested at the castle. Immediately" The ghostly knight explained. 

There was a slight sense of urgency in Fright Knight's voice that Danny had never heard before. The teen looked to his friends who shared a concerned expression.