Chapter 1 - Nightmares

*AN* Hey guys, I really hope you enjoy this fan fiction! I hope this story relates to some of you girls that are insecure etc. :) , Have fun reading. Thank you. xx

Happy reading!
-Dilara

____________________________________________________________

“You think you’re pretty? HA. HA. HA.” Harry jokes.

“Jessie thinks she’s slim, Jessie thinks she’s slim!” Everyone say’s in a singsong tune. I brush it off and ignore them. I’ve been ignoring them for quite a while now. One more year of school and I’m finally out of here.

“Hey, Jessie,” calls Harry from the corner of the classroom. I ignore him and look out the window. “Oi Jessie, do you need hearing aids?”

“Jessie, pay attention.” Says the teacher. My anger fumes up inside. I can’t take it anymore.

“How about you pay attention? My whole life I’ve been bullied and not one teacher acknowledged that I’ve been trying to be what everyone wants me to be!” I shout at the top of my lungs. The whole class starts whispering to each other, looking at me as if I were some creature.

“Wake up, wake up!” the teacher says. His voice sounded like a teenage girl.

“Excuse me?”

“Wake up, come on we don’t have all day, we need to go!”

“What are you talking about?”

He grabs my by the shoulders and shakes me. I snatch my body out of his hands. He shouldn’t touch me like that...

Suddenly, one by one, a furniture and person fades away. The last person standing was Harry. I wonder why.

 *

“Oh god!” I shout, jumping out of bed.

“Another bad dream?” Caitie asks, putting her hand on my shoulder.

“Mmhm” I nod.

“You need to find some way to get passed it. You’re not the girl from high school anymore, every girl dreams to have this job! You’re a lucky girl.”

“I know…” I say, trailing off.

“Oh, here, wear this. We need to head off to the airport in a couple of hours.”

I take the outfit and walk into my dressing room. It was light denim skinny jeans with a crème jumper and brown boots, fancy. I put my hair in the usual high ponytail, teasing my hair to make it look thicker, and put on my everyday make-up.

“Do you have your luggage ready?”

“Yeah, it’s next to the door.” I answer. “Do you know what they have ready for the next shoot?”

“Spring. That’s all I heard.”

Spring… At least I’m not doing lingerie; even in winter I had to huddle up with a couple of other models in the snow doing a lingerie shoot. It was worse than wearing a thick Chanel coat in the desert.
We both go to the kitchen and make ourselves a snack.

“Turn on the radio.” I tell Caitie, pointing to the radio.

“Mmkay fat bum” She takes a bite of her sandwich and turns on the radio. “Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you-ou” Caitie sings along to the song

“Ugh, turn off the damn thing now,” I throw my sandwich at the radio. “Lets go, I’m not hungry anymore.” I pull on Caitie’s arm so she can avoid the radio.

“I know you hate him but c’mon it’s a good song, admit it!” She teases.

“I’m not admitting anything, lets go.”

We both head out the door and into the car. I try not to think about Harry. Thanks to that stupid song he’s stuck in my head. That’s obviously not a first. Ugh, if I could get a dime for every time I thought about him.
I rest my eyes and try not to fall asleep, so I won’t have any nightmares. I think about if I weren’t a model. If I were something else. Maybe a scientist, I’ve always wanted to be that. But I probably wouldn’t go far. Maybe a news reporter? But I hate talking all the time. I wonder what convinced me to become a model? So many question, no answers.

“Jess, we’re here, c’mon,” Caitie throws my bag on me so I could fully wake up. “C'mon, you can sleep on the plane.”

"Paris, here I come." I say in relief.