Chapter 52: Kirk

Bre seemed surprised when I said I wanted to take her out to dinner. I had actually been planning it for a while. I didn't want her to get the wrong idea or anything like that.

Honestly, my feelings for her have been hitting me like a dump truck. I'd never felt anything like it before, and it scared me at first. Now that I've spent more time with her, I've realized that it's nothing to be scared about.

When I took her virginity, I was beyond nervous, but I must've hid it well, because she didn't seem to notice... Well, she was nervous, too, even more so than me. I kept thinking about the fact that I hadn't made it official yet, and we were somewhat stuck at this awkward in between stage.

We needed to be official- fast. There was no way in hell I'd let this much of a connection slip away. She was so pretty that so many guys would want her just for that, with no emotional connection. I hated to say it but with her naive innocence she'd trust too much and get her heart broken.

I was brought back to the moment when her hand squeezed mine. "You must be thinking."

"Oh, uh, yeah. I have a lot on my mind right now."

"I'm sorry," she sympathized. "I might not be much of a help, but you can always talk to me."

"What makes you think you wouldn't help," I asked, glancing at her with a look of puzzlement.

"I'm young, and most people think I don't have experience, like I don't know what I'm doing or talking about. I understand if you feel that way."

This pissed me off, noticing how it seemed to get to her. "That's bullshit," I snapped. "People that think like that are the ones that don't know what they're talking about. Don't let anyone look down on you or crush your spirits. Just because you're young doesn't mean you don't know anything. Jesus christ, Bre, if I would have witnessed someone doing that to you..."

She seemed surprised, her eyes wide as she looked at me, speechless. "Kirk, it's alright."

She laid a reassuring hand on my forearm, and I relaxed under her touch. "I'm sorry," I began. "It's just-"

"No need to explain, it's alright," she cooed.

As I took a deep breath, I realized I created an awkward moment.

"So..."

I cleared my throat and she looked at me, her bright, gorgeous eyes catching my gaze. "Yes?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Of course," Bre smiled. "When am I not hungry?"

"True," I responded, teasing her lightly.

As we pulled up to the restaurant, a smile spread across her face, followed by a look of confusion. "Wait a second, this is that private place, isn't it?!"

"What do you mean," I smirked as I watched her try to figure it out.

"Only certain people are allowed here, celebrities usually. Oh my god, this is crazy."

"Now how'd you know that," I asked as I opened her door.

"Who doesn't," she responded as she stood up quickly so we were face to face, or forehead to chin actually.

"A lot of people."

"You shit," she grinned as she leaned into my chest, her palms against me. Jesus christ.

"What?"

"You are one smooth dude," she purred as she pecked me on the lips, then once more.

"Are you complaining?"

"Not at all."

"Good."