Chapter #1

My heart jumped as I did. I never thought this would feel so right. I felt horrible for wanting to do this. Yet, it feels so amazing. My body feels so light like I'm a feather and not a human. I wish this feeling could last forever. Like I could keep falling on a loop. Sadly, once I hit rock bottom I will never be able to feel this way again. I decided to open my eyes I get closer to the ground, but there is no fear. Why should I fear something I wanted? Why should I regret something that was my choice? I close my eyes again as my body impacts with the ground. All of the screams and cries for help start to fade away and is replaced with darkness. Peace. Then it was like someone flipped a light switch. My nice, peaceful, graceful darkness was replaced by faces I knew, the bright light of the sun, and the sound of ambulances. Along with pain and fear, fear that my plan had finally been put to the test and failed.

That was 2 years ago. This is now. 2020. I can't even remember why I jumped that day, but I did. My life wasn't even that bad... "Hey.." I knew that voice, I love that voice. A pair of arms wrapped around my body and I smiled. I didn't say anything though, I just wanted to stay like this. I finally spoke up, "Hi.." It came out high and quite. "Still only talking to me?" He said.. Tanner, he is the only person I talk to since the accident. I talk to my mom and sister too, but I ran away with Tanner a year after the accident so I never see them, only hear them. "How could you tell?" I squeaked out again. " Your voice is all high pitch from not talking hardly," he said, still holding on to me. I rolled my eyes and tried to get out of his grip so I could face him. He laughed and let me go. I laughed with him and gave him a quick kiss and went to the kitchen.

Tanner and I have been together for three years. He even stayed with me after the accident. Many people left me or gave me pity after what happened but he stayed somewhat the same. He is ten times more protective which isn't much considering he was already protecting me so much. I don't even remember why I came into the kitchen. I turn around like an idiot and walk right back to Tanner, open his arms, and wrap them around me. He started to laugh a bit and hugged me. I smiled and closed my eyes. "OPEN THE DOOR LOVE BIRDS!" We both jump out of our skins as we hear someone yell from outside. Lorrie teller, she is one of the people who made sure I didn't die. "I'll get the door, go sit down baby," Tanner whispered in my ear. I smiled and did as I was told. Tanner got to the door and opened it for Lorrie to come inside. She ran in while dragging in her boyfriend. She ran over to me a plopped down on the seat next to me.

"How have you been April?" I stay quiet, I finally decided to speak up. "I'm fine, I have Tanner," I say hardly above a whisper. Tanner comes in shocked that I spoke and then sat down next to me and put his arm over me protectively. John, Lorrie's boy-toy, rolls his eyes and just smirks while he flashes a quick wink at me. Lorrie kept talking about her bakery and how it is a great success. The entire time Lorrie was talking, John was looking me up and down and basically taking my clothes off in his head. Tanner became like a dog protecting his favorite toy. His grip tightened on me, I let out a quiet yelp to let him know he was hurting me, he loosened his grip, but still kept it firm. I swear I heard him growl at John. "April are you listening?" "Yeah, sorry, you talk really fast and that was a lot to take in at once. Yet, I'm glad your bakery is going so well!" "Whoa, you were listening" "Yep, pretty amazing huh?" Lorrie and I laughed a bit. Lorrie gave me her new number so we can keep in touch and she gave Tanner John's number. It was very awkward when she did that.

Lorrie finally left with John and Tanner was already typing away at his phone. Most likely cussing out John. After his fingers stopped moving across his phone I leaned over him and grabbed it. Then I dashed into our room and locked the door. "April, please open the door. You don't need to read what I was doing." I laughed a little told him no, and opened up his phone. I was just about to look at his texts when the door opened and I fell backward on the ground. Tanner laughed holding up the key to our bedroom while taking back his phone. I crossed my arms in an attempt to pout, and he just laughed and reached out his hand for me to grab. I gladly took it and got up, still pouting. We walked back into the living room and just watched movies for the rest of the day.