Chapter 5

"Neville...." I whispered when the door opened. However, the brunette boy was already at the edge of the bed, weeping over his mother's body.

There was a small machine next to her. I didn't know what it was called but it showed lines going up and down as Neville's mothers heart rate did.

"She is ill." A short, plump healer with blonde curly hair stepped into the room, she was standing behind me with a clipboard in hand.

"So far there have been few bits of evidence to prove if any of our theories we have as to why she is ill are correct." She continued. Now making her way over to stand next to Neville, her eyes not leaving her precious clipboard.

"Will she be alright?" Neville sobbed. His eyes staying on his mothers sleeping figure. The nurse looke him in the eye for the first time. 

"Mr. Longbottom, we assure you that your mother with be fine, she will be back to her room by the end of the day." The nurse said sternly. I narrowed my eyes at her. Neville wasn't doing anything for her to act annoyed with him! 

The boy smiled a bit before grasping his mothers hand in his own. I realised I looked dumb and walked over to stand next to him. Grasping his hand with my own. It would've seemed gay at any other time. But he needed it. I wasn't gay. Nope. Nah. Never. In his dreams. Or in mine. Nope. Not going there.

Neville smiled at me, bringing his face to look at mine finally. His eyes were puffy and streaks of tears ran all the way down to his beautiful lips.

"Would you like to see your father young man?" I looked up and glared at the nurse. She ruined the fucking moment!

Bitch

"Y-yes please." Neville smiled and sniffed. "Would you come b-Blaise?" He stuttered, looking down at his feet. I smiled and squeezed his hand which I still had before following him through another door.

"Hey Dad." Neville said sweetly to the old man seated on the windowseat. he had Neville's hair and face shape. The man looked at us with a curious expression. I gulped, knowing that if I didn't a tear would come out of my eye. The old mans eyes were green, however, the pupils were grey.

"Blackbirds." He sung softly. "The blackbirds sing and the crows fly."

I glanced at Neville. He was sobbing now, with a smile on his face as he looked at the old man. The song must've had some affect on him. I squeezed Neville's hand once again and he looked at me.

"I love you and you are mine." The man sung and stood up. Slowly, he walked over to Neville and took his hand in his own.

"He used to sing that to me when I was young." He explained, wiping a tear from his eye with his free hand. I smiled and looked at him sadly. I complained about my life when Neville's parents didn't even know who he was!

"I'm sorry." I whispered. He just smiled at me. I leaned closer... what was I doing?!

I didn't really care.

Suddenly, Neville's dad touched my face and I jumped at the surprising coldness his hand gave my face. He smiled at me and looked between Neville and I.

"Zabini with hair like the moss on rock. " he stated quietly. I gasped, how did he know my name? He then looked me in the eye and smiled. "Chocolate diamond eyes."

I was very confused as to what mr. longbottom was talking about, however, I couldn't help but notice Neville's ears become redder by the minute. I smirked.

"Talk about me much longbottom?" I teased, I wasn't expecting Neville to go even redder and stare at his feet. I continued to smirk at him.

"I-uh, w-well I t-talk about-t all my uh f-friends?" He stuttered, not letting himself look at me. Neville's dad piped up. "The fool of the lion treats the snake with the lies of the days before."

"Um what?" I asked, confused as to what Mr longbottom was trying to say. Neville, however, was blushing deep scarlet as he must've realised.

"N-nothing, um, nothing." Neville smiled. I smiled back and lifted his face to look into my eyes before chuckling at the scarlet forest branching up his neck.

"Mr Longbottom we have some news." I glared at the plump nurse who had once AGAIN, ruined the moment as she walked in with her clipboard.

Neville just nodded at the lady, his face blushing slightly from the moment before.

"We have found hints of Chantosol in your mother's Brain cells." She answered calmly. I raised my eyebrow and turned to see Neville looked utterly confused.

"Chantosol is a chemical that the brain can produce after enduring many healing spells. The chemical itself is created by the damage done to the brain by the crutacias curse. It is supposed to make sure the brain can't be healed." She answered aggressively. I glared more intently at her.

"Um..." Neville started but she cut him off once again.

"The chemical eats away at the progression the healing spells are making. Meaning that no matter how much we try to heal them, all the progress we make is destroyed by these chemicals. However, your parents seem to be the first people to ever be torchered to such an extent that the chemical is working in the opposite way, the chemical produced by the curse has discovered the damage done by the curses and because the curses were used against your parents so much, the chemical has reacted to it as though it is something trying to heal the brain, so the chantosol is raging away at the curses affects!"

"TALK LIKE A NORMAL FUCKING HUMAN!" I shouted, moving closer to her. Neville grabbed my hand. "Relax." He whispered softly, however I could see the determination in his eyes to know what she was talking about.

"Ugh, idiots." The nurse muttered. "It's happening slowly, but your mothers brain is becoming once again as a normal brain should be." She said before adding, just so we understood:

"Your mother is getting her memories back."