Mikey Imagine 1 (pt. 1)

You were woken up only a few hours later by the persistent knocking at your front door.

Looking at your alarm clock and blinking away the sleep, you read 3:00 in blinding green numbers.

"Who the hell?" you mumbled, sliding out of bed. You wrapped your arms around yourself, trying to block out the night chill from creeping through your tank top and pajama shorts.

Shuffling through your living room, you looked through the door's peephole to see

"Mikey?"

Opening the door, you took in your best friend's appearance.

He was dressed in dark jeans and a leather jacket in true Mikey fashion, but the expression written on his face and darkening his eyes nearly broke your heart.

He looked like he hadn't shaved in a few days, his normally scruffy beard nearly putting a homeless man to shame. His normally bright brown eyes that made anyone feel happy were now dark, and watery, full of unshed tears.

"Mikey, what--" You were caught off guard by Mikey pulling you into a hug, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling his head on your shoulder.

Out of instinct, you brought your arms up to circle Mikey's back.

After a minute, Mikey's arms tightened more, and he shifted his face into your neck.

"Hey." You whispered, moving your hand up and down, rubbing Mikey's back. "Tell me what's going on."

"I came back from the office early to surprise her with dinner and when I opened the door I could hear noises coming from the bedroom so I went to go check it out and when I opened the door-- "

You could feel your neck start to get wet from Mikey's tears. You knew he was talking about Jessica, his girlfriend of six months. You personally weren't a fan, and always thought there was something off about her, but you hadn't ever told Mikey.

Until last week, that is.

You were at the mall, looking for a new outfit to wear on a date you had coming up, and you saw Jessica glancing through the racks, talking to somebody on the phone. Your plans were to ignore her, but part of her conversation caught your attention.

"Ugh, God i'm going to look amazing at the party tonight, Megan." A pause. "Well yeah, it's just the perks of dating a guy with money. I swear the guy will give me anything I want. As long as I put on a smile and blow him every once in a while I've got the loser wrapped around my finger." She finished, laughing.

You tried to ignore the thought of your best friend having any sort of sex, especially with her, but you couldn't help it, and you were seething.

Forgetting your new outfit, you walked out of the store and to Mikey's apartment, not taking long with how mad you were. Knocking on his door, you called his name.

"Mikey, open up!"

"(Y/N) whats up?" he asked, opening the door.

Walking in, you put your purse on the counter.

"Hey, what happened? Why are you in such a bad mood?" he asked.

"Listen, Mikey. I have something to tell you...about Jessica." you started, not sure how to approach it.

"What about her?' Mikey asked, leaning against the counter, facing you.

"I overheard her talking to somebody on the phone today and she was talking about you...and how she's dating you for a paycheck."

"What?" Mikey smirked, thinking you were joking. "Why on earth would that be true? She loves me."

"No, Mikey. She doesn't. I'm sorry but I--"