Three

The bell rang predicting the official start of the first day of school.I headed to class and knocked on the door,finding the students already seated,which was weird.The art teacher was a man,tall and thin enough with a red beard and red hair neatly slided to the right with hair wax.He wore glasses and looked so fancy with his white shirt and jeans as well as a nice pair of brown Todd's shoes.He was leaning his hand on the wooden desk,waiting for the students to stop talking so he can give me the permission to introduce myself to the class.I stood there tall and patient,waiting so I could just throw a few words into the air and sit down already.I get socially awkward,which made me face more difficulties in meeting new people.

The professor's look at me snapped me out of my thoughts then I cleared my throat and looked at the class.

Me:Hi,I'm Casey Gardner.I come from Germany and moved to here since my parents got a better job opportunity in Toronto.

Professor Andy:That's interesting!What are your hobbies?Do you speak additional languages?

Me:Well,I love spending my spare time on drawing and writing some songs I sing as I play the guitar..I do speak French,English,German and am learning Greek.

Professor Andy:Sweet!I hope you'll enjoy my art sessions.Please have a seat.

Me:Thank you..

I smiled then looked for an empty seat which I was hoping would be next to no one because I hated communicating with people.Unfortunately,I couldn't find any deserted seat,but I did find a spot next to my new friend,Kate.She waved at me with a grin so I came closer and dropped my bag to have a seat next to her.Then,the professor asked us to take out our drawing copy books and a pencil to draw a portrait of a favorite person of ours.

Professor Andy:It can be a family member,a cousin,an actor or singer maybe,a friend.Be creative,yes phones are allowed to check how does your person look like to take the measures of the face.

I took out my phone and looked at Kate who was a bit confused when I gazed at her.

Kate:Umm..she smiled

Me:Do you mind if I ask for your number or Instagram account so I can draw you?

Kate:What?We barely met!I'm no way your favorite person already!

Me:Well..You're the first friend I get after moving to here and you do seem like a sweet person so..

Kate:You got no other friends?I mean I'm not a close one!

Me:Kate,I got no friends..Other than you.I don't wanna draw a family member or an artist.

Kate:That's so flattering..I appreciate you selecting me..Well you can have my number and my Instagram account's name.Here.

She took my phone from me which made our hands touch and my heart race and wrote down her number then launched Instagram to give me her account's username.I couldn't stop smiling...

Me:Thanks,Kate!

Kate:You're welcome!Thank you!

I grinned then looked back at my phone to search for an easy picture of Kate to draw..When the drawing was complete, i exhaled smiling and gave it to Kate and I could see her jaw drop.Then there my heart started beating faster because she flashed a cute smile as she gasped in surprise.

Kate:Oh.My god.This is amazing!You're so good at drawing oh lord I'm...THAT'S SO GOOD!

Me:Awwww you're such a sweet person!

Kate:You're the sweet person here
I really never knew what to do with her cuteness overload,she simply was perfect.Have I just fallen in love with the principal's daughter in the first day of school?The professor interrupted our conversation as he walked by us and complimented my drawing skills after seeing my drawing of Kate.We both smiled at each other as Professor Andy left then the bell rang for the second period:English

Skipping to recess

When the bell rang,I got up from my seat with my backpack and was close to the door when Kate called my name.I turned around as she asked if we can hangout together for lunch at the cafeteria then spend the rest of the break at the library.There we went holding our food trays in line for our turn as we were chatting about our interests like music and fashion.Well,we were peacefully chatting when I jumped from my seat after seeing a girl stomp up to our table in the cafeteria in such a quick way to attract everyone's attention.I looked up at her face.There she had frizzy blond hair with shiny diamond eyes and thin hot lips.Kate exhaled and put her hand on her chest:

You scared us,Emaline.Get down!!

Emaline:Haaa I wanted to scare you on purpose with your new little friend.

She looked at me with a smile on her pretty face as she got down from the table and took a seat infront of me,next to Kate.

Emaline:What's your name,pretty?

I straightened my shoulders and cleared my throat to reply withOuT blushing.

I'm Casey Gardner.

Emaline:Nice.It's Emaline.

She leaned her head on both hands on the wooden table as she pierced her eyes into mine as she kept her soft yet naughty smile.

Kate:I'm pretty much sure Oliver is waiting for you in the corner there.

Emaline:You want me to leave?Okay

She giggled,teasing Kate as she got up.

Kate:Yes please
Kate smirked as she looked back at me.

Me:I'm not that hungry actually.

Kate:Really?Me neither.Let's go to the library?

Me:Yeahh

We stood up and neatly fixed our clothes as we held our trays to the garbage can.She then pulled open the door to let me exit the vast room crowded with people to the library.