Four

Kate was walking nervously with her school bag on one shoulder and I wished I had the courage to ask her if she's okay.I couldn't think of any reason why she would become anxious for a split second,it's like she remembered something although we were together almost the whole time and it's the first day of school.We walked past by a group of boys who seemed younger,probably freshmen.i somehow managed to get myself back together to come up to Kate and ask if she was okay.

Katy:Uh good question.Umm you see this small squad of three boys over there?

She pointed at the boys we just passed by.One of them was tall,wearing glasses and a cool shirt with a pair of beige shorts and flaming red vans.He was McQuaid.
Another was pale and had super curly to frizzy light brown hair and green eyes,called Tyler.
The third was Kate's ex.His name is Luke.

Kate:Last year he asked me out a few days after he first day of school,which was weird.He was pressuring me without him even noticing,he always wanted a kiss.I mean it's totally fine for another girl.I just didn't want that and managed to escape from every silent moment between us cause I knew he would just come closer to me to kiss me.He sacrifices himself and he went to dentention instead of me for something he didn't do.

Me:What did you mean that any other girl wouldn't mind kissing him?

Kate:I get bothered when he wants to kiss me I just..am.We we're forced to play spin the bottle with Emaline and her squad last year before I became..friends with Emaline.Luke did it on purpose,he spun and let it point at me so Luke and I had to make out in a private room just like the rules of the game say.

Me:Why would Emaline and her squad force you?

Kate:We wanted to suggest them a movie idea as long as they would stop bullying us.They promised they'll let us go if we play that game after drinking a few bottles of beer we offered.

Me:Oh..

Kate:Yeah.I didn't like the idea.First off I spun the bottle and it pointed Emaline from a side and me from the opposite which meant we had to kiss.I was..fine with that but Luke got overprotective and said "it's girl and girl you can't do that" so he spun instead and on purpose it pointed at me.

Me:So you kissed?I asked as I took a seat in the library facing Kate.

Kate:Well.Yeah a quick one..but um..I just didn't like it so we just joined back the squad

Me:Why wouldn't you like it?

Kate:Casey,I'm different.

Me:Different?Are you a lesbian?

Kate looked down and nodded yes slowly,as if she was embarrassed about it.

Me:Hey there's nothing to be ashamed of,it's your sexuality and you should be proud of it as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Kate looked back at me with her eyes piercing mine and I gave her a soft grin to make her comfortable.

Kate:Why didn't you just feel disgusted about me and leave me?

Me:Because you're a sweet friend.Your sexuality doesn't affect our friendship.We're all human at the end.Gay or not,straight or not.Be proud of your sexuality.If you don't want anyone to know then it's totally fine cause I'll keep your secrets and you'll keep mine.

Kate:Yours?What are your secrets?she leaned closer as her hands were put on the table of the darkened and silent library.

Me:Well..I'm asexual.