Chapter 6

I woke up bright and early, wanting to be ready before Tyler turned up. I was downstairs before quart to eight and waiting for Tyler at eight. He didn't disappoint. He was there right on time; he honked his horn just as I came out the door. I walked to his car and got in. I stared out of the window as the tree's passed us in the car. I turned to Tyler.

"This is a hummer right?" I asked.

"Sure is." Something in his tone sounded like he was surprised.

"Are you surprised I know what the car is?"

"A little."

"Why?" I smiled.

"You're a girl." He shrugged. "Girls don't usually know a lot about cars."

"I don't, I just know this is a hummer." I laughed.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing, nothing." I tried to keep a straight face. We were already at school now and he was parking into a spot. He turned the ignition off and we climbed out of the car. Caleb, Pogue and Reid were already there, they walked across the lot to us.

"Hello." Caleb said.

"Hi! I'm still not used to this you know."

"You will soon." He promised. "Registration?"

"Registration." I nodded and followed them inside the building. After Registration they waited for me outside and walked with me to lesson. We didn't talk much apart from when Reid asked if I was sitting with them, I told him I was. People stared as we climbed the steps to the back of the room and sat together. I blushed and leaned over towards the others.

"You know, everybody is staring." I whispered.

"Don't worry about it. They're just surprised that the new girl is sat with us." Reid said.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows. "I've been here 3 days, I am not the new girl anymore."

"You know what I meant."

"Good job I did."

Reid rolled his eyes.

Our teacher walked in then and we didn't get much chance to talk. Worksheets were being passed around the class. Caleb passed me a few.

"Nikki's tonight?" He asked.

"Should I know what that means?" I pulled a face.

Tyler laughed. "It's a sort of bar place that we hang out at. We're all heading there tonight. Come with us?"

"Nikki's, Nikki's, Nikki's." Reid sighed.

"Okay, I'll go alright! Stop saying that name, seriously, it's creepy." I complained.

"I'll pick you up at eight." Caleb said.

"Do I get any say in this?" I asked.

"Nope." He grinned.

"I didn't think so." I pulled a face again.

"Nice face." Reid commented.

"Shut it." I pushed him. He laughed at the expression on my face. The rest of the lesson was the same; none of us paid much attention. We just sat and whispered to each other. I liked that we were all talking now, even though we've known each other all of three days, I felt like I'd known them all my life. I spaced out and didn't realize that lesson had ended until Tyler nudged me.

"Anna, bells gone. C'mon." He said. I blinked and looked at him.

"Bells gone?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "C'mon."

I rose with the others and made my way to the Cafeteria. Pogue grabbed my shoulder and spun me round.

"Hey, where you going?" He asked.

"To get something to eat, it's dinner." I replied, confused.

"No you're not. There's someone you need to meet."

I didn't like the sound of that. "Who?"

"You'll see in a minute. Follow me." Pogue turned and walked the opposite way from the way I wanted to go. I looked back at the Cafeteria, sighed and followed Pogue. Tyler, Reid and Caleb were right behind me. Reid and Tyler moved from the back of my and came to my sides.

"I'm hungry." I complained.

"You should eat breakfast." Reid suggested.

"You should shut up; I get cranky when I'm hungry." I retorted. I wasn't watching where I was going and walked straight into Pogue. I fell back and nearly hit the floor, Tyler caught me in time. He helped me up. Red-faced I muttered a thanks.

"Sorry Pogue." I muttered. I couldn't believe I had just embarrassed myself in front of everyone.

"You have balancing issues?" Pogue smirked.

"Yes I have. I like my balancing issues, don't diss." I grumbled. He laughed.

"Anna, this is Kate. My girlfriend." He turned to reveal a girl with long, straight brown hair. She smiled and held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Pogue's told me everything about you." I took her hand and shook it.

"He has?" I muttered, embarrassed. "Are they really bad things?"

"No, no." She laughed.

"Oh good." I smiled.

"How're you liking Spenser?" She was clearly making conversation.

"How long have you got?" I grinned.

She checked her watch. "A few minutes."

"To sum it up in one word? Big." I looked around to make my point.

"I know what you mean. I thought that on my very first day."

My belly rumbled. My hand shot to it. "I'm really sorry Kate, but if I don't get something to eat, I might pass out. It's nice meeting you. We'll talk later?"

"Sure!" She jumped, hugging me. I stumbled backwards and awkwardly hugged her back. She let go and turned to Pogue.

"I have to go now anyway Baby, I'll see you later?" She said, smiling.

"Of course." He kissed her passionately.

Someone made a gagging nose; I turned to my side and found Tyler and Reid pretending to throw up. I nudged them.

"What?" Reid said, trying to act innocent.

"Cut it out." I scolded him.

"You heard her." Pogue piped up. He kissed Kate again and watched her as she walked away with her friends. He was still staring as she turned the corner and out of sight. He sighed. My belly rumbled again. I was starting to feel sick.

"Hey Anna, are you okay?" Tyler asked, concerned.

"I'm just hungry." I muttered. "I'm fine."

"You look kind of green." Reid commented.

"Thanks Sherlock." I said, sarcastically.

"You weren't kidding about being cranky when you're hungry." Caleb grinned.

I glared at him, my eyes full of hatred. I was channelling a lot of emotion towards him.