1.

The lights and sounds of the big city have always excited me! But it didn't feel right, not without my four best friends, they went everywhere with me, no knowing I may never see them again kinda ruined the effect of NYC... The memories flooded back as I looked through the photo album. I had to call them, I had to hear their voices again! At 3 in the morning, we were still on the phone, talking about the flight and how there was this man sitting on the right of me and I think he had a horse inside his esophagus ( which they found quite amusing ).

Emily missed her best friends dearly but she knew they couldn't see each other. The thought of going to a new school. Nobody knew her, she would be all alone, starting again, "great" she sighed with a hint of sarcasm.

I went downstairs where my mom and stepdad were making breakfast, " Oh morning dear " my mother said surprisingly as if I hadn't seen her in a while," morning " I mumble as I put a slice of bread in the toaster " you excited about today Hun?" Mum said with a slight hope that maybe I would be happy about her moving me from several schools, finally settling down then being moved again! " sorta... Bit nervous" I say just so she wouldn't tell me how ungrateful I'm being and ' only thinking about myself ' whatever that means. I got my bag, got in the car and was dropped off at my new high school ' Hillridge Academe '.

"Well, here goes nothing..." I murmur as I open the car door " good luck! Have fun, learn and make new friends! Okay?" My mom says as I lean over to kiss her goodbye " Yes, Sir! " I say as she gives me a smirk "go on, get out! You don't wanna be late on your first day now do you?" She says changeling the gears, " whatever, love you" I say as I grab my bag and get out the car. "Here we go" I sigh.