Chapter I

"Some guy just killed 500 people! He scared all the people in Thux when he sunk five ships of their 6 ship fleet!"

"Anyways, what'd ya say? Will you help me?"

The five elders stared at me like I was a babbling baboon who had just learned how to speak Thuxian. Then they burst out laughing, talking Elderish talk, like this:

"Will we help ye widdle lad? You're crazier than the man who tried to tame Orion!"

Orion was a very old drakon who only once came out of his cave, and that was to eat the man who came to tame Orion. At least, that's the legend.

Anyways, they were laughing at me, little black-haired white boy who lived down the walk. I started walking out of the elders' little house, when I heard my name called from the quietest of the elders, the only one, I now realize, who wasn't laughing.

"Corey!" he called, quietly. I walked over to the old African elder. He wore a robe, different then the other four elders. Theirs were black. His was white with gold stripes on the sides. When I walked over, I saw he had a scar over his right eye, and wondered what it could be from. Anyways, he was mumbling something by the time I got over to him.

"You called me?" I asked politely.

"Wha? Oh, yes, my boy. Follow me. We need to find a safer spot to talk." He whispered.

He gets up, ever so slowly, and points discreetly behind himself. I realize there is a door behind where he was sitting. So when he opened it, I followed my friend into the dark corridor behind the door.