Chapter III

"Magic? How do you have magic? Magic isn't real! And who is this "Enchanter?" I asked, very overwhelmed at what Kolo had just said.

"If it isn't real, what is floating around this room? Orange air? I'll tell you who is dumb witted! The guy who named his pig Sparkles!"

"Drop it about Sparkles, man!"

"Huah, ummm, ummm, ummm, ummm..."

Ok, starting to freak me out here, the guy got all furious, then started meditating. Crazy. I started walking out, again, and that time, nobody stopped me.

I walked out of the house, starting off on the road leading to Thux. When I got to my house, my sister was already doing my chores; to wash the pig, to sweep the porch, and to mop the kitchen floor.

"Where have you been?" Jewel asked, in that sweet, yet stern voice an older sister loves to use.

"I was just at the River, is all." I said. A little white lie.

The River is a place where my dad and I used to fish, before he died trying to break up a fight between two men, one had a wrench, one had a pipe. Dad apparently "got in the way".

"Well, you aught to feed Sparkles, and wash him too." Jewel said, snapping me out of my daddy-daydream.

I walked over to Sparkles' trough, fed him, and when he was done, gave him a bath. He likes baths, though, which is surprising; most pigs like mud, definitely not baths. When I was done washing our pet pig, I walked over to Jewel and gave her a big, soapy, wet hug.

"Aughhh! Corey!"

"Haha! Wetness Monster!" I yelled, running into the house. I could hear her running after me. Right when I got to the door, I jumped up, planning to kick off of it, when something unexpected happened. The door sprung open, and guess what opened it.

A wolf. The size of a bear.