Chapter IV

"Go! Go! Run, Jewel!" I screamed. She ran into the pantry, hopefully locking the door. I jumped over the chairs and ran for the cabinet holding all my father's weapons. I grabbed a spear, meant for hunting, but it should do the job. The bear-wolf was right behind me by the time I got the spear. He was grunting a lot, as if something was up with his nose.

"What?" I shouted at the bear-wolf, "Got Grunt Fever? I diagnose you, as a professional bear-wolf doctor, with over swelling in, well, everywhere!"

Well, the bear-wolf apparently didn't like doctor appointments, or just doesn't like over annoying doctors, because it charged after me like a extra-extra-extra large rhino. I held the spear with the grip of a gorilla, but a gorilla that had very little practice with a weapon.

By the time the bear-wolf got to where I was, I had almost got the spear right side up. Pretty good for me, the little white boy named Corey Oval. Anyways, the bear-wolf was progressing towards me, and I had about 0% chance of killing the it. And that was if I was lucky. I had no ideas. Then I thought of one other thing. A distraction. His name was Sparkles.

"You like pork?" I asked the bear wolf. "Sparkles! Here boy!"

If you played "William Tell" right then, it would have been awesome. Sparkles came, not in his normal pink and black piggie skin, but in a red cape made of the leather in his bedding. It was EPIC! The bear-wolf looked over at Sparkles, and in one quick movement of my spear, the bear-wolf was dead.