{7 - Smiling Through The Pain & Lies}

Kou took Eve home and introduced her to the other brothers, telling them that this girl was the actual Eve. Ruki was in doubt at first, but once he caught a good whiff of her, he knew right away that it was her. 

"So, you are our Eve." Ruki tells the girl. 

Eve keeps her head down, not wanting to say a word to any of the brothers. Ruki walks up to the girl and grabs her chin, so that she is facing him. 

"Why have you been hiding from us this whole time? Why wash your scent on the human girl?" Ruki questions Eve. 

"Wasn't it obvious? . . . I didn't want you all to find me. . . I know why you need me and my blood, so I thought putting my brethren on Yui would buy me some time. Looks like I underestimated you. . . But when Kou drank her blood, it brought me closer to revealing myself to you." Eve answers. 

"Tch. You're just a handful in general. So, that what was you in the reflection of the mirror that screamed at me." Yuma glares at Eve. But, she ignores him and moves her face away from Ruki's hand. "Now that we have you, you have to give your blood to us." 

"Like I have a choice, right? . . ." 

"And you know what happens now that you are living with us, right?" Ruki asks Eve, and she nods her head, telling him yes. She was doing all this for Yui's protection. Despite her being alone for such a long time, Yui was her first friend. 

By morning, Eve was with Yuma, helping him out in the garden. "How long have you been hiding from us?" Yuma asks her. 

"Not long enough. . ." Eve remarks, but also adds, "I've spent my time with the other set of brothers that you despise so much. . ." 

"That loser of a Sakamaki. . ." Yuma makes a 'tsk' sound. 

"Which one?" Eve asks out of curiosity as she glances at Yuma. 

"The one who's sleeping all the time. What's his story? Since you were with them all this damn time." 

"Shuu-san. The eldest of the Sakamaki brothers." 

"Duh, I go to school with the guy! You think I don't know that!? You calling me a dumbass!" 

"I didn't think, or say, anything about you being a dumbass. . ." Eve sighs, but decides to answer his question. "He doesn't like to talk much, and he always seems to be listening to music all the time. Most times, it looks like he needs the sleep." 

"What a slacker." 

"Do you know him, other than the fact you go to school with him? Because you ask for his story, it feels that as if you knew him from way back then." 

"That's none of your damn business." Yuma scoffs and leaves the garden. 

Eve stays for a little while longer and looks at the tomatoes that are still growing. 'What s strange vampire he is. . .' Eve thinks and looks at the window to see Ruki watching her.

As Ruki is watching Eve, he's with Kou, and Azusa. "Any sign of the awakening when you drank her blood?" 

"Sort of. The blood is fantastic!" Kou cheers. 

"Is that so. . ." Is all Ruki says. 

"If you have something to say to me, then say it already. Why hide it? I rather not be in temptation." Eve suddenly appears on the couch, next to Azusa. 

"Kou drank your blood, and he is starting to feel the awakening." Ruki tells her. 

"Of course. Isn't that what you all want in the first place? You need to drink a sort of amount of my blood to become Adam. . . Only question remains, out of the 4 of you, which of you will be my Adam?"