Brainstorm

Shayne:

As soon as my watch alarm went off I knew the regret would set in. Today was the day the 'squad' was going to meet up and brainstorm ideas for our video project. It's not that I didn't get along with them, I just felt like they were more suited for each other. I sighed and went downstairs to the lounge to meet up with them.

"Hey Shayne" Courtney said with a big smile.

"Uh hey" I said.

"Am I late?" Keith asked speed walking around the corner.

"Right on time, suprisingly" Noah teased.

"Hey guys" Olivia piped up from behind Courtney.

"Looks like everyone is here" I said.

"Alright let's get started" Keith said.

We spent about an hour pitching ideas. Keith wanted to do a musical video but we said no. Noah wanted to eat food but we shut that down. Courtney wanted to do a nature thing with Olivia but we decided it would be too expensive. I pitched a science show but they said that was also expensive. Finally near the end, Noah came up with our current idea.

"What if we answered questions?" He said.

"Huh?" Courtney said confused.

"Like what if we took questions from people and just sat on a couch or something and answered them?" He said.

"That's not half bad" Keith said.

"It could work" I admitted.

"There's potential" Olivia said.

"All of us answer questions?" Courtney asked.

"What If we did a group of three, while the other two filmed?" Noah suggested.

"Ayy yeah!" Keith said.

"I'm down" Courtney said.

"I'll do it, I guess" I said.

"Me too" Olivia said.

"Great, now how do we decide who's answering the questions?" Noah asked.

"Names from a hat?" I suggested.

"Cool" Keith said.

We all wrote our names on slips of paper and then folded them before dropping them into a hat. Keith scrambled the names with his hand while not looking. He closed his eyes and pulled out a paper.

"Shayne" He read.

Why did it have to be me? Keith closed his eyes and picked another piece of paper.

"Olivia" He read.

Olivia didn't really show if she was upset or excited. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad now that Olivia would be doing it with me. Keith closed his eyes for the final time before grabbing the last piece of paper.

"Courtney" He read.

"Yes" Courtney said a little excited.

I wonder why she's so excited. We gathered our stuff and said goodbye before heading back to our rooms. I knew Noah would keep me up all night with random questions like he usually does.