Chapter Four-The Public Eye

Chapter Four

The Public Eye

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much, but it's a good hurt. The kind that comes from genuinely laughing and grinning like a fool. Ellen can really make anyone laugh. If I weren't in a relationship and she wasn't married, a hundred percent would pursue. Anyways, it's been a couple days and I'm still exiled from Natasha's bed. She's the kind to hold a grudge, so I don't think it's going to get any better until this entire boyfriend thing has passed. I can't even imagine how she'll feel when she sees Steve and I on Ellen together, but at least it isn't a surprise. I told a very cranky Nat this morning.

"Well, I have to say you two are a wonderfully attractive couple." Everyone laughs lightly at her, including Steve and I. We're sitting across from Ellen on a white couch. My legs are thrown over Steve's right leg and his hands are entangled in mine while resting in my lap. Steve's wearing a button down and khakis while I'm in a black, loose jumpsuit. With Ellen, you can never dress too fancy because there's always a chance she'll mess it up.

"As are you and your wife." Steve instantly responds sweetly as I smile softly at how easy this all is to him. Ellen scoffs and looks at me.

"Is he always this sweet? My goodness, do you ever just punch him in the face?" She asks. I laugh along with everyone else before answering.

"As to the sweetness? Yeah, he's basically always sweet. Luckily for me, we can spar in the gym and that gets rid of the frustration about his perfection." I tease and smirk when he rolls his eyes.

"So, you both do argue?" Ellen asks as she crosses her legs. I nod as Steve shakes his head, eliciting another laugh from the audience.

"What about the other night?" I ask with a smile, knowing his discomfort about the subject. As suspected, his eyes bulge at me bringing up the topic.

"Do you really want to talk about that?" He asks, a pink tint coloring his cheeks. Beaming, I turn back to a very interested Ellen.

"See, Steve wasn't backing me up in an argument I was having with Bucky and Tony. Now, I kept the reason why a secret just to be nice, but we argued later that night. See, what he didn't want them to know is that I was the first person who took Steve to a strip club." I pause as people laugh and gasp and exclaim.

"What?" Ellen asks, a huge smile on her face. I nod as Steve stares down at his lap.

"That's right. He had never been to one! I wanted him to experience it at least once. So, I took him down to one." I shrug, completely at ease with this information. Ellen's eyebrows pop up as she looks to Steve.

"That is fantastic. What were your thoughts, Captain?" She asks, a laugh on her lips. I look to him for his reply. He chuckles and looks at me with a glimmer in his eye. From that I know I'll be getting an earful later. I smile winningly at him and know he can't help but return it.

"It was a learning experience," the audience chuckles, but once again his eyes remain on mine. "but I really couldn't take my eyes off her." I bite my lip to keep from laughing while he smirks. The reason why that's true is because shortly after bringing him it was my shift. He couldn't take his eyes off me alright. Like I've said, I'm damn good at my job.

"You're such a romantic." I tease and kiss his cheek affectionately. The audience awws and we look back to Ellen staring at us kindly.

"On that sickeningly sweet note, that's all the time we have for today. Be kind to one another, bye-bye." She ends the show, then once the cameras turn off we all stand up. "Thank you both for being here." She thanks us and shakes our hands individually.