17 | Billie Jean

| Recap |

I smell something good cooking in the kitchen, so I follow the smell and I see Brooke standing over the stove.

"Wow, I come home and find the love of my life cooking for me. This is nice, especially after working so hard in the studio."

"Michael," she turned around to face me "who is this secret lover that everyone is buzzing about?"

I scratched the back of my head, trying to figure out what to say.

"Um.. t-that's nothing Brooke. It's just a false rumor that the paparazzi decided to start."

"No," she says "I don't believe you."

"Why not?" I question her.

"Because I just don't Michael."

"Brooke you have to believe me and you have to trust me. This is Hollywood after all, and these people will literally pull a story out of their ass just to make a profit."

"So this girl isn't your secret lover? You didn't leave that club with her weeks ago? You two didn't dance together?"

I roll my eyes, now annoyed. "Brooke, I've had a long day at the studio. Please don't do this right now."

"Michael I want you to answer me," she demanded.

"This girl is just another groupie and that's all she'll ever be."

"And yet, you still didn't answer my question Michael. It's a simple yes or no question. Did you or did you not have an affair with her?"

I looked her in the eyes, ready to do something that I hate doing, which is telling a lie. But I love Brooke and the last thing that I want to do is hurt her.

I know that all of this is my fault. Yes, I admit that I approached Billie first after our concert because I was attracted to her good looks.

It was also my idea to take her back to my hotel and have a one night stand with her. I obviously wasn't thinking that night, or maybe I was just thinking with my other head instead of the head on my shoulder.

Either way, I will not let Billie come out of nowhere and destroy my life, career, reputation, and relationship with Brooke.

"Brooke, the entire story is false. It's just another rumor and a big misunderstanding. Please don't make this harder than what it already is," I begged.

You can see the hurt in her eyes. I wish I never would've met that girl.

"Michael, are you sure?"

I nodded. "Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay," she sighed.

I grabbed her hands. "You're the only woman that I love and want. I will never let a silly groupie come between us."

"I love you Michael," she smiled before giving me a kiss.

"I love you too," I said, kissing her back.