Chapter 1

Melody Pov

Walking home it's cold as shit but sadly it was my only option to walk home because I didn't have a car.
I hated going home I wish I could just stay somewhere else but I don't have a choice I turn 18 in 3 months I couldn't wait to be free and become legal I hate my parents I hated them.
For years my sister and I went through hell and still going through it.
They talk to us and treat us like shit
We didn't live in the nicest neighborhood and we didn't even own a car.
Hell we barely have a home because all my parents do is gamble and drink their money away.
My sister and I have to make away for ourselves and that's just how it always been.
Walking home so into my thoughts I decided to stop by the corner store to get my sister and I some drinks and snacks all I have is five dollars hopefully this makes it.
I opened the door and went in the store grabbed what I wanted and headed straight towards the counter as he was ringing I hear the door open again and I turn around it's the most famous nigga in the building the most known dealer in the city
King all the girls love him and drool all over him but I honestly don't see the hype.

"6.25 is your total"the man said.

Shit shit!! I didn't have six dollars I only had five dammit melody how could you over spend.

A hand reached over the counter before I could think of something with a 20 dollar bill.

"Here put my stuff with this I'll take care of it "King said.

I looked back at him and smiled.

"Thanks I appreciate it"I said.

He looked at me with a blank face

"You welcome I guess"he said shrugging.

Well damn what's his problem.

I grabbed my things and opened the door and headed towards the direction home since I got some snacks hopefully it holds us through the night we barely have anything in the fridge me and my sister seriously need a job.

Walking up the apartment steps and opened the door my face is hit with a strong smell of alcohol and cigarettes shaking my head I go straight to our room to see if my sister is here and sure was knocked the fuck out.

I went to poke her to wake her up but she wasn't moving .

"Gabi come on get up we need to do something's"I said.

Me and Gabi planned to look for jobs Gabi is 19 I'm 17 im still in school Gabi isn't its hard for us to find jobs around the town cause nobody really be hiring.

She moved around a bit and sat up straight.

"Hey sis you got some snacks"she asked scratching her stomach.

"Yea I got us some stuff come on and let's get to lookin"I said.

Gabi has her driver license I have mine to but we just don't have a car which fucking sucks.

____________________________________

Sorry I had to end it like this but I have a longer and better chapter coming I just wanted to give you a taste of something .