The Collapse.

The one thing that doesn't change is that suffering will always exist parallel to someone's happiness. A very average looking man sits a top a 50 sorry building looking over the decimated and overgrown streets of a city he once took advantage of and he begins to write on to the pages of what looks like a book that would've been created along with civilization. "Today is a Monday. Although it's not like any Monday. It's the day my life was changed forever. As I stare out over the edge of the crystal clear flood I can only imagine what our future holds. A woman I never would've noticed has joined my life. Our bond has been deeper than anything and we have a life here. When she's around it always seems this world is solely ours. " Artemis closes his diary and places it in the bottom of his book bag under the various items he has obtained through his journeys. He climbed down a few stories and sees what he believes the single best thing that has ever happened to him . Her name is Amelia. Amelia is the type that is afraid of nothing except feeling. As Amelia sits she sees Artemis climb down and begins to walk toward him with the most Angelic gait. He smiles so big it almost brightens up the dark world that's surrounding them. "How are you today Amelia, I hope you got some rest." softly speaks Artemis as he embraces her pulling her close like one pulls their most prized possessions. "I did sleep, I blame you for the need to physically need a person next to me in order to sleep. " she gives a light kiss on his slightly dirty cheek.  "Let's go explore that cave to the west of Ardengale, maybe we will find someone else in this god forsaken place." Amelia and Artemis walk to the edge looking down onto the city streets seeing menacing creatures, demons and the few evil humans that remain. Artemis and Amelia's fingers interlocked as they took a deep breath preparing to search Ardengale. Artemis had always cared for Amelia. He always wished he could have her from the time when they were children. He changed from when they were children. He changed into a hard and cold monster like human internally, externally showing scars and muscles writing their own story while his mind played his worst memories over and over. Amelia calms him. Amelia would never imagine a world she would have even given him the time of day. She always forgot about him. Artemis saved her life when the world started to extinguish the flames of life. He took a lesson from the catastrophic events happening around them and as people turned to demons and nefarious creatures rooted in evil, he took the life of a man that wished to harm her. He killed him with passion as he released to pain and frustration of waiting to get a look from her as he slid his sword through the chest of the man. His blood painted the wall as it poured out. The blood glistened along the sword handcrafted by the hands that crates the means to pour along puddling on the floor. As Artemis pulled the sword from his limp disgusting body, he swung it hard toward the ground and the swords dried as if it was able to forget the pain it caused. Artemis helped Amelia from the floor. He stared into her crystalline sapphire colored eyes. He looked so deep he made a pact with her soul. He touched her face lightly, doing something you would never believe could be done from someone who was able to obliterate a life. He smiled. He smiled like that of someone who finally found peace after being tormented by their worst nightmares. As he began to walk through the door she asked if she could tag along as if she already didn't know he never stopped loving her. He agreed and helped her gather basic supplies such as medical tape and rations of canned goods. They ran swiftly passing people being attacked and changed. The we're surrounded near the city square as the sun rose the creatures dispersed. They didn't know where they'd gone but as the looked around they realized that they had to be prepared to move quickly. They climbed to a building leaving traps to protect them. As they looked over the edge hand in hand the appreciate more the tower in which They call home.

To be Continued...