Chapter 1

Peridot was sitting in the back of the truck that Lapis had put in the barn, somehow. The back of the truck was sticking out of the barn, and the TV that they watched Camp Pining Hearts was there as well. Both Lapis and Peridot were rewatching Camp Pining Hearts again. There was silence between the two, besides the show they were watching. Lapis had gotten back from her boat trip with Steven and Greg. She had just explained what had happened while they were out. "So, J-jasper, had came to the boat. And you, punched her, away." Peridot said cautiously. Lapis nodded in response. More awkward silence. Peridot twiddled with her fingers. "So, are you ok?" Peridot asked with concern. More silence. "Well, after punching Jasper across the ocean, yeah i'm ok." Lapis said, looking at Peridot with a faint smile. Peridot faintly blushed, and continued to watch the show. After a couple of hours of watching the show, it began to go dark. "Hey Lapis?" Peridot asked. "Hm" Lapis responded stilling watching the show. "I think I might try this thing humans call, "Sleeping" Peridot said, looking at the bottom of the truck. "Alright have fun then, I might join later or something." Lapis responded. Peridot looked at Lapis for a second, then crawled her way through the truck, and flew to the ground, face first. Peridot grumbled as she got up from the ground. She felt her visor, and now cracks. Peridot sighed, and went a corner of the room, where there was a pile of hay. She laid down, and tried to remember what Steven had told her. "You get comfortable in a bed, and close your eyes. Just relax!" Steven said in Peridot memory. "Right! I shall sleep, NOW!" Peridot said closing her eye tight. She laid there, stiff as a board, tensing herself. "Agh, its pointless.."Peridot said, giving up. She laid there in the hay, relaxing. Peridot could feel the hay against her back, legs, and arms. Relaxing. The warmth of the hay, along side of the cool breeze coming from outside. Relaxing. Peridot felt heavy, her eyes getting heavier with every blink she made. Relaxing. Slowly, she fell asleep.