#71 Aftermath of Philip's death

Musical: Hamilton

Following the death of Philip Hamilton, his family fell into disarray. His 17-year-old sister, , suffered a mental breakdown following his death, from which she never recovered. Her mental state continued to deteriorate until she became only intermittently lucid, and sometimes could not even recognize family members. She spent the rest of her life in a state described as "eternal childhood," often talking to her brother as if he were still alive.

Friends of the family wrote that Philip's parents never went back to their old selves after the death of their son. On June 2, 1802, Elizabeth gave birth to their youngest child, with whom she was pregnant at the time of Philip's death. They named the baby , in memory of his older brother.

 Angelica Hamilton suffered from "The Peter Pan Syndrome"

No kidding, it's the actual name of the syndrome

 Eternal adolescent, the semipternal Peter pan – is a phenomenon often associated with pathological narcissism. People who refuse to grow up strike others as self-centred and aloof, petulant and brattish, haughty and demanding – in short: as childish or infantile.

The narcissist is a partial adult. He seeks to avoid adulthood. Infantilisation – the discrepancy between one's advanced chronological age and one's retarded behaviour, cognition, and emotional development – is the narcissist's preferred art form. Some narcissists even use a childish tone of voice occasionally and adopt a toddler's body language.

But most narcissist resort to more subtle means.

They reject or avoid adult chores and functions. They refrain from acquiring adult skills (such as driving) or an adult's formal education. They evade adult responsibilities towards others, including and especially towards their nearest and dearest. They hold no steady jobs, never get married, raise no family, , maintain no real friendships or meaningful .

Many a narcissist remains attached to his (or her) family of origin. By clinging to his parents, the narcissist continues to act in the role of a child. He thus avoids the need to make adult decisions and (potentially painful) choices. He transfers all adult chores and responsibilities – from laundry to baby-sitting – to his parents, siblings, spouse, or other relatives. He feels , a free spirit, ready to take on the world (in other words omnipotent and omnipresent).

She refused to let go of her childhood, causes of this is childhood trauma. Probably because in her childhood, Philip is still alive. Reasons why she doesn't recognize some family members it's because some of her siblings aren't born yet.