Chapter 28: Training

"Hey, Gabe?" Olivia called me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"What are we doing on the training floor?"

Right, we were currently on the training floor that had the illusion feature that could change into any landscape. The landscape this floor currently was was a forest.

I had my reasons for coming here with my team along with Vemon and the others.

"We're going to train," I told them.

"Huh?" Glenn expressed his confusion. "We're going to train here? Why?"

"Well . . . ," I hesitated. "This is mostly training for me."

"What do you need training for?" Zoe asked.

"It's to test out my abilities when I'm in my demon form," I explained.

"Oh, yeah!" Olivia caught on. "Speaking of which, you really didn't do anything when you were in that demon form when we were up against Tromon, did you?"

She was right. When I transformed into that armored demon, I didn't do much besides glaring at Tromon, making him wet his pants.

I want to see what I'm capable of when I'm in that form, which is why I called the others here with me.

"So, what do you want us to do?" Zoe asked. "Just watch you test out your powers?"

"No, I need you guys to fight me," I told them.

All of them looked at me as if I've lost my mind.

"How can you ask us of such a thing, My King?!" Vemon exclaimed. "We could never attack our ruler!"

"Putting that aside, isn't it impossible to attack you?" Olivia asked. "You're basically in your Demon King form right?"

"Actually, no, I'm not," I told her. "That form you saw was a combination of both my demon form and holy armor."

I realized this when I was fighting Tromon. Since I hadn't unlocked my full demon form, I was in an incomplete state.

Due to this, I decided to use my holy armor to boost my powers. I didn't think it would work, but I was sorely mistaken when I felt that tremendous power flowing through my body.

It was amazing. I never felt power like that before.

Though something was bothering me about how I was able to use both my powers. They're complete opposites of each other but somehow managed to raise my power by a ton.

I wasn't sure how that was possible, but that was another reason why we were here. I wanted a better understanding of how my powers work.

"Alright, let's get started," I told them while stretching.

"P-please hold on for a second, My King!" Vemon urged me. "You are our ruler, so it's impossible for us to harm the person we worship!"

"Relax," I told her. "It's not like you guys are actually going to hurt me. It's just a test to see what I can do."

"B-but-"

"Our King is right, Vemon," Dyrom tried to persuade her. "Since he has no idea what he's capable of doing, training is definitely required."

"B-but to attack our Lord just for that is unthinkable!" Vemon was still sticking by her morals.

Since we knew Vemon wasn't going to be convinced so easily, she'll have to sit this one out. Maybe later, I'll try to get her to train with me, but until then, I'll have to settle for what I have.