The Good Times(Or So I Thought)

Then winter formal night was around the corner and for the first time I got excited because I was going to get asked out to a dance. But you didn't know that you had to ask a girl to a dance and just assumed. You had no clue about any of it and you asked me how to ask someone out, so it wasn't a surprise when you asked me. 

 That day we went to the movies. You got me my favorite color of flowers and made me a last minute sign because your master plan literally got rained out. I was so happy and excited. I even asked you what your favorite color was so that I could get a dress based on that. 

Then that magical night came, I remember that I wore so much makeup I looked like someone totally different but you didn't care. Then on the way to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, another couple paid for our dinner because unlike most couples we actually talked and we didn't look at our phones, which was a weird compliment because all we did was communicate via cell phone. 

That whole night we danced and danced and danced. We jumped and sang so much out feet hurt and our voices were hoarse. Then when we dropped you at your house you gave me my first kiss. You missed the first time but it still was amazing. The next few months and our anniversary was just as amazing.

We started to talk about next year and the years following that. You promised to take me around the world, to take me out to lunch during school, to jam out with me, got to concerts and stargazing in the mountain.

All throughout our relationship, I was hoping you would be the one, the only one that I would ever be with. The months of June and May I felt like the happiest girl in the world. Our dates seemed perfect and you topped it off when the night we went to the circus and you pulled me aside and told me that you loved me so much and that there would never be anyone else. At that moment I knew that you had to be the one.