Chapter 5 - When Will I See You Again?

"Angel, sweetie. I need to go," I told her. She sat up on her bed with her arms crossed, frowning at me. "But why?" she asked.

"Do you want to see Lia again?" I asked her. She nodded her head reluctantly. "Yes," she said.

"So I need to find her and bring her back safely. Alright?" I said. She shook her head. "But why can't I come?" she asked. I sighed. We had been arguing about this for the past ten minutes. "It's too dangerous and you're too young," I said.

"If it's dangerous then why are you going?" she asked.

"Because it's more dangerous for me to be here then there."

"Why is it dangerous for you here?" she asked.

"I can't say, Ange. It'll put you in danger. And besides, Lia is my twin. It's just..." I sighed. "It's different. I have to go. She would do the same for me. There's already people looking for her. Do you want me or the guards or some other bad people to find her?" I asked.

"You," she mumbled, knowing she already lost the argument. I smiled at her. "You need to stay here. Alright? And don't tell anyone I left at all or that you knew. It'll put you in danger and it'll get you in trouble," I told her. She nodded. "Okay. Chris?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I said.

"When will I see you again?" she asked quietly. I sighed and hugged her. "I don't know, Angel. I don't know. Stay safe and out of trouble though."

"I will. Goodbye, Chris." She said from her bed. I smiled at her. "Bye, Ange." I kissed her on her forehead and looked at her one last time, wondering if I would ever see her again. I cast my invisibility pearl and slipped out her window.

"Wait! Chris?" someone said and I froze. "I saw you before you cast your pearl. You're going to find Lia aren't you?" another voice asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to go too," he said. It was Dylan and Lily. "How can I trust you?" I asked.

"Because without me, she would have been dead already," Chris said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I gave her a bracelet with pearls in it. That's how she got that invisibility pearl to get away," he said. I narrowed my eyes. "And why do you want to come?" I asked.

"Because I love her," he said. I saw the genuity in his eyes and nodded. "And you, Lily?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I need to stay. I'll be your inside information. There's people I know that might be able to tell you where she is." I nodded.

"Let's go then," I said. They nodded and Dylan crushed his pearl. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"North. To the Arctic waters. Go with Dylan." Lily said.

"Who can you possibly know that lives up there?" I asked.

"Not here. Dylan will tell you once you guys are safe from prying eyes. It will be dangerous though. Tell them that I sent you, otherwise your already dead."

"Anything to get her back," I said.

"Show no fear to them, but do what they ask. Woman are superior in their culture."

"Understood," I said. She nodded. "Go now. I need to report your departure," she said.

"What? You're telling on us?" I said. She nodded with a look on her face. "Uh, yeah. Do you want me to look suspicious? I have to stay loyal to the crown." I nodded and felt like an idiot.

"Goodbye and good luck," she said and waved before she sped off.